QX takeoff mins no centerline lights?

This is out of Wenatchee. Vis is a 1/4 and wondering if they can take off.
Even for 121, I think that for "partially inoperative" lights on an open runway, GO, NO-GO decision rests with crew. It's been a few years, but I have seen an FAA InFO document stating this.

They can probably go with 1/4 mile. No RVR and no centerline lights but runway center line marking is visible. I don't believe it's "just up to the crew", though. I just looked it up and for us we could go 1200/1200/1000 RVR with just runway centerline markings during the day. Less than that and we would need centerline lights or high intensity runway lights.

This is out of Wenatchee. Vis is a 1/4 and wondering if they can take off.

Unless they have something other than the boiler plate op specs our a restrictive FOM, or the 10-9 is restrictive, 1/4sm is adequate visual reference.

Earning their money making the decision, if they've looked in all the manuals and there isn't any guidance it's their choice, and any decent company wouldn't fault them for it. Eyes present are more accurate than cell phone opinions.

They can probably go with 1/4 mile. No RVR and no centerline lights but runway center line marking is visible. I don't believe it's "just up to the crew", though. I just looked it up and for us we could go 1000 RVR with just runway centerline markings. Less than that and we would need centerline lights or high intensity runway lights.

Here's the InFO I was thinking of:
http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/avia...afety/info/all_infos/media/2007/info07009.pdf

Of course, "crew discretion" rarely means crew discretion.

Back