Resolved Quoted Text Warnings?

Cessna414JJB

Unknown Member
Disclaimer:

**This post is not here to complain about any moderator action, it does in no way challenge any moderators decision(s) nor is it an attempt to argue anything. Its a simple question.

Apparently the software creates automated (?) warnings/ personal messages from moderators to people who have quoted (as in not written themselves) people using inappropriate language.

For example, a certain word used for a certain matter of solid/ sometimes liquid bodily discharge cannot be typed properly without being replaced by empty space, but using a # to replace the t will trick the software into displaying it. When such member then gets an alert/ warning from a moderator, the quoting party obviously gets alerted/ warned too, despite the fact that the quoter had not personally written the text.

Is there a way to disable such alerts or does the simple quote of text containing inappropriate language constitute a DE-facto violation of our websites TOS and the quoting member receives a warning/ infraction, too?

Thank you in advance!

Disclaimer:

**This post is not here to complain about any moderator action, it does in no way challenge any moderators decision(s) nor is it an attempt to argue anything. Its a simple question.

Apparently the software creates automated (?) warnings/ personal messages from moderators to people who have quoted (as in not written themselves) people using inappropriate language.

For example, a certain word used for a certain matter of solid/ sometimes liquid bodily discharge cannot be typed properly without being replaced by empty space, but using a # to replace the t will trick the software into displaying it. When such member then gets an alert/ warning from a moderator, the quoting party obviously gets alerted/ warned too, despite the fact that the quoter had not personally written the text.

Is there a way to disable such alerts or does the simple quote of text containing inappropriate language constitute a DE-facto violation of our websites TOS and the quoting member receives a warning/ infraction, too?

Thank you in advance!
Are you talking about the warning that I gave you today for posting this?:

warning.jpg

Auto-what?

I'm going to take a nap and re-read it as I don't understand what you're asking.

Nap well. Naps are best done on Auto- Pilot. My question has been answered sufficiently and very professionally.

@Derg, I think he's confused on why he received a warning. See my post above.

Feel most graciously thanked and deeply bowed before.

I had entirely forgotten that I had hot-linked to the picture as shown publicly on the onion news-network site.
When I clicked on the link provided in the warning, I could not open the thread. Instead of removing the picture, the whole post was deleted/ removed.
Of course I would have gladly modified this post upon moderator request and would have taken the reference down.

No such luck, at least for me, there just had to be something. Oh well.

I will refrain from linking to further "offensive content" that includes offensive language, which you censored out artfully.

Bestestest Regards!

Cessna414JJB

Last edited:
Back