Quitting a job frowned on?

Pilot86

If you had a job as a state trooper or similiar job, in your opinion would you frown on the idea if that individual left that career to pursue a flying career in a different sector?

Depends. Are there children to provide for? Spouse? House payment? Medical insurance needs? Quality of life issues?
Can you do with what I'm assuming will be close to a 50% pay cut? If its just you go for it but if you have a family sometimes pursing your dreams doesn't put food on the table or a roof over little ones heads. Then again it makes millionaires out of some.

Nope. He may have found out that being a LEO is the suck. It is not for everyone. (Whatever the job/ career he left was)

Guys even leave LEO jobs for other LEO jobs, oftentimes as lateral moves. The gaining agency doesn't frown upon it, and the vast majority of losing understand that it's the cost of doing business. So long as, whether going to another LEO job or not, the person in question follows the appropriate or legal or even accepted methods of quitting (the 2 week notice thing, or whatever is required), then nothing should be held against him/her at all.

If you had a job as a state trooper or similiar job, in your opinion would you frown on the idea if that individual left that career to pursue a flying career in a different sector?

No.

Ok thank you guys. I have an application in for the patrol and my main goal is to fly in the cessna caravan as a career as I want to stay with the patrol unit once Im a state trooper because I think its the best career move I can do for myself but if Im still single I just wondered....much appreciated. I have a friend who is going to talk to a commanding officer in the sheriff department for a part time flying position with them as well so that would be awesome if I worked as a state trooper and flew part time for the sheriff department in their bonanza.

Back