Quick e-QIP question...

Simoneaux

Does anyone know if you can use the same reference for each of the places you have lived or gone to school:confused:

It would be quick and easy to do that, but I suspect that for each one you need a different person. I've lived 6 places and gone to 2 schools. Trying to find one for each plus 3 different personal references will be a pain.:banghead:

Sorry if it's been asked before. I looked for a while in previous threads, but my connection sucks and I have a problem with pages freezing up and closing if I don't let them load completely. Thanks

If I remember right they wanted you to use different people.....

I think I listed one twice, unless they just got two letters by accident.
Has not been an issue so far.

I believe they want a different reference for each "type" of reference, i.e. the person who knew you at your old address could be the same one who knew you at your old job. Try googling the SF86 or SF85p forms, I think it says what's required on the form.

I believe they want a different reference for each "type" of reference, i.e. the person who knew you at your old address could be the same one who knew you at your old job. Try googling the SF86 or SF85p forms, I think it says what's required on the form.

That seems to be pretty consistent with what I remember. The only place where I recall them specifically asking for people who you had not listed elsewhere was in the "People Who Know You Well" section.

I did list my wife twice within one section, but it was to confirm periods of unemployment. If they get terribly upset about me doing that I can always go back and provide them with some other references, but I was about at the end of my rope for people whom I had not used elsewhere. All said and done, I probably listed about a dozen unique individuals on my SF-86. If that's not enough for them, then I don't know what would be.

I used the same person for 5 addresses and no questions were asked. The only thing that said you can't use the same person was the section that says to list 3 people as references who are not listed anywhere else on the form.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm assuming the "Equip" thread would be a good place to ask what the heck the equip is, and at what stage we actually complete it.....

This sounds a lot like the background survey I filled out for my Air Marshal application a few years back. Would I be wrong to assume this is filled out per request just before the PEPC?:panic:

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm assuming the "Equip" thread would be a good place to ask what the heck the equip is, and at what stage we actually complete it.....

This sounds a lot like the background survey I filled out for my Air Marshal application a few years back. Would I be wrong to assume this is filled out per request just before the PEPC?:panic:

It is an electronic form of the SF-85/86 used by OPM to start the background investigation for your security clearance. In order to help expedite the PEPC process they started giving people access to it before they actually attend the PEPC, since it can take anywhere from 1-3 hours to fill everything out.

If you have an existing security clearance through the OPM, you may not have to go through this process again. You will have to discuss that with your HR rep when the time comes.

I used the same person for 5 addresses and no questions were asked. The only thing that said you can't use the same person was the section that says to list 3 people as references who are not listed anywhere else on the form.

So you are now all clear and awaiting a class date?

I looked everywhere and I could only find the same information relating to the 3 "know you well" references. I was just going to assume the same for the other references.

If this is true then I just saved myself at least a couple hours.

Thanks all for your responses!

So washburn26 says that he's just waiting on a class date and his repeat reference was good. Nice. That’s a load off.

My CTI professor likes the acronym KISS:

Keep It Simple Stupid (or any s-word you see fit)

That, and... never ASSUME anything. It will just make an ASS out of U & ME :D

So washburn26 says that he's just waiting on a class date and his repeat reference was good. Nice. That’s a load off.

My CTI professor likes the acronym KISS:

Keep It Simple Stupid (or any s-word you see fit)

That, and... never ASSUME anything. It will just make an (insert another word for donkey) out of U & ME :D
You can say ASS if you want.

You can say ASS if you want.

I wasn't sure... better safe than sorry. I already received a warning for something that rimes with splooshbag. And it was directed at myself. :eek:

After that I was just going to keep it PG. But I guess with ratings these days that was more like G rated.

I changed it... we'll see.

Back