questions?

adreamer

To my "invisible" web masters, or aviation god and godess :D

Well, I can make it this year(I can actually hold 2nd half of Oct for vacation). Now, here are the few questions:

1. When? What dates are exactly?
--> so I know how I bid my Oct schedule. :rolleyes:
2. Where exactly at LAS? :confused:
3. Do I need to bring a suits/ nicer clothes if I want to meet up some future employers?

Thanks.

ok, from what i hear...there will be no suits, just business casual.

that doesn't mean jeans and a tshirt...that means "business" casual.

I have already forget what is "business casual" is?

Sorry, I grew up in the envioronment of wearing uniform, and still wearing uniform / monkey suits today. :D

Generally it means no tie.

Formal = tuxedo
Semiformal = tuxedo optional, or suit an tie.
Informal = suit and tie, or jacket and tie.

I spend a lot of time at clubs with dress codes...

Honestly, who has a tux anymore except for Weddings and Proms? Isn't a business suit with a tie pretty much the most formal people get these days?

Biz interview "formal attire required" I sure didn't show up in a tux.

Business Casual:

The New York Times cites job search engine Monster.com's definition:

"In general, business casual means dressing professionally, looking relaxed yet neat and pulled together." [4]

An employment counseling office at an American university defines business casual dress as a middle ground between business formal wear and street wear.[5] The following are examples of appropriate workplace apparel from some organizations with a business-casual dress code:[citation needed]

for women: A reasonable length skirt (not mini-skirt) or full-length trousers of a non-jeans material combined with a top (such as a dress shirt, polo, or sweater set) is considered acceptable. An informal dress with appropriate skirt length is also acceptable.

for men: A combination of collared shirt (such as a dress shirt or polo shirt), cotton trousers (such as khakis) with a belt, and dress shoes (such as loafers) with socks is generally acceptable

Unacceptable for either gender: gym clothes, rumpled or ripped clothing, miniskirts, underwear as outerwear, inappropriately revealing attire such as bare midriffs, and flip-flops. [4] Many corporations also frown upon open-toed shoes and any shorts.

Neckties and cufflinks are not required for business casual dress. Business casual dress should be able to accommodate a tie if needed, however.[citation needed] Of the 33% of men who wear a necktie to work, 60% wear a necktie occasionally, while only 18% wear them all the time.[1]

you don't need a suit jacket....but i've been seeing a lot of guys wear a suit jacket with jeans that's more of a "trendy" look.

Business Casual:

you don't need a suit jacket....but i've been seeing a lot of guys wear a suit jacket with jeans that's more of a "trendy" look.
We were doing that in the 70's and 80's!

I own a Tux...

There is White Tie Formal, then Black Tie Formal, Formal or Business Attire and then Business Casual:tmyk:

Honestly, who has a tux anymore except for Weddings and Proms? Isn't a business suit with a tie pretty much the most formal people get these days?

Biz interview "formal attire required" I sure didn't show up in a tux.

But that is what it means ;) When I see invitations saying "formal" or "semi-formal" that don't come from a private club or the military, I call and ask. People often use those terms without knowing what they mean.

The dining room at my Yacht Club is Jacket and Tie only. Most events there are black tie. And pretty much the whole month of December there are balls going on several nights a week, almost always black tie. Depends on the crowd you run with, I guess...

Slacks and a Sport Coat is generally what I do for "business casual." I won't wear the same clothes I wear on the golf course (no khakis, no polos).

Back