Questions for the redhead stepchildren of Continental.

:yeahthat: We have some FAs who are hard at work to get us some equal footing with respect to travel bennies on CO. :rawk: Hopefully, they'll be able to get it done.

BTW, ThatOtherDude, I know you're a fellow crewmember at EWR, but I have no idea who you are! :buck:

They are the reason why our per diem went up 5cent an hour.

Well our hotels are nothing to brag about. What's a decent overnight that you know of? YUL on the highway or the BDL roach motel?

We're in a better position to make ourselves a decent place to work for with decent work rules and to negotiate all the perks that we deserve.
I think it will happen. People will look upon us with respect instead of looking at that airline who was too ignorant to vote in ALPA back in 2007 and is flying 74 seat airplanes for less than the 50 seat guys.

Point being when ALPA is implemented don't think that's the end of it. Put the pressure on those guys. Let them know that they can as easily be voted out as they were voted in. Colgan's no longer a stepping stool to the majors. We're gonna be here a while so let's make sure it getts better fast.

And that 5 cent an hour put me in a higher tax scale that now costs me twice as much. (just kidding, I haven't paid taxes in years):sarcasm::)

If you work on the US Air or United side of Colgan your travel benefits aren't so bad so it's not just Colgan that's to blame. I think we do have "beef" with CAL. They're just not as employee friendly as other airlines. Do they realize that a company will be more successful when workers aren't going to work all disgruntled.

Not to defend Colgan management but it's really not in their greatest interest to get stuff like that for us. We have to step up somehow and make it a priority before we can expect things to get done.

I remember a time when EWR had all day trips. We bitched and complained and it's much better now. So next time Buddy comes back to town please say something. I have.

they came and made the schedules better becuase there is a union drive and they are trying to show that we can improve things wthout a union. if the union fails, the schedules will go back to being horrible. same thing last year

Well our hotels are nothing to brag about. What's a decent overnight that you know of? YUL on the highway or the BDL roach motel?

We're in a better position to make ourselves a decent place to work for with decent work rules and to negotiate all the perks that we deserve.
I think it will happen. People will look upon us with respect instead of looking at that airline who was too ignorant to vote in ALPA back in 2007 and is flying 74 seat airplanes for less than the 50 seat guys.

Point being when ALPA is implemented don't think that's the end of it. Put the pressure on those guys. Let them know that they can as easily be voted out as they were voted in. Colgan's no longer a stepping stool to the majors. We're gonna be here a while so let's make sure it getts better fast.

And that 5 cent an hour put me in a higher tax scale that now costs me twice as much. (just kidding, I haven't paid taxes in years):sarcasm::)

I take so much offense to this it's not even funny. I love everything about that hotel, especially the night life. Rob the manager kicks major A$$. This is by far the best hotel and overnight that colgan has.

I take so much offense to this it's not even funny. I love everything about that hotel, especially the night life. Rob the manager kicks major A$$. This is by far the best hotel and overnight that colgan has.

What? YUL or BDL? Either way, neither is downtown and if it's BDL you're talking about, that place isn't anything special. The van driver was super rude a few times back and besides the 1 star bar in the lobby there's nothing decent within walking distance.

I'm sure Rob is a nice guy but I'd still prefer something downtown.

They increased pilots, just because it was cheaper then having to run two seperat per diem rates and reports.

Yeah and 5 cents a month is prob about $10 a month increase on a good month. We should be getting $10 an hour increase. I guess we have only ourselves to blame but it's easier to take it out on corporate greed.:)

I heard that you guys stay out in the middle of nowhere in YUL. Is that a short vs long overnight issue. If you guys (or Qgar) are interested we stay at Le Nouvel (just google it). It's downtown, a 5 minute walk to St. Catherine St. Tons of bars, restaurants, XXX shops, and a big university scene.

Hey, thanks for the info! Unfortunately, we stay out in the middle of nowhere on most of our overnights (at least on the overnights I've done). :D
I have to admit, though, that our hotels HAVE gotten better since I started almost a year ago. In fact, we stayed at a nasty one, the Bayside Inn (I think) in CMH, and it was a dive. It was the first month we flew there and I had the "pleasure" of overnighting 3 Saturdays in a row. We complained so much, that I hear they've changed hotels, and the one we're now using (the name escapes me) is decent. :)

We complained so much, that I hear they've changed hotels, and the one we're now using (the name escapes me) is decent. :)

That's really similar to what has happened to us in Texas. In VCT we used to stay at this LaQuinta that was honestly the worst hotel I have ever been in. Dot got so many complaints that we finally changed twice but we finally ended up in a good one. Unfortunately, it is a stand-up overnight now and instead of actually going there the new policy is the standup crew ferries the plane back to IAH after we drop off the passengers and maintenance works on it all night. The usually get done when it is time to part 91 it back to VCT to pick up the morning passengers.

Vote ALPA!

Hey, thanks for the info! Unfortunately, we stay out in the middle of nowhere on most of our overnights (at least on the overnights I've done). :D
I have to admit, though, that our hotels HAVE gotten better since I started almost a year ago. In fact, we stayed at a nasty one, the Bayside Inn (I think) in CMH, and it was a dive. It was the first month we flew there and I had the "pleasure" of overnighting 3 Saturdays in a row. We complained so much, that I hear they've changed hotels, and the one we're now using (the name escapes me) is decent. :)

It just so happens that I'm on a CMH overnight as I'm typing this. We used to stay at the Baymont Inn. Convenient for a reduced rest overnight (since it's on airport property).....not much else though.

We're now staying a little farther away...but a nicer spot. I'm not going to post the actual name...but it's a chain and seems to be one of the nicer hotels w/in the chain. Much improvement over the Baymont...this much is certain. Unfortunately, there still isn't anything around in the way of activity or food. :p

It's all part of the compensation and can be negotiated like anything else.

I may have heard this wrong, but it's my understanding Chelsea flies SA2 (or whatever is one step above xjet), because they really wanted it and were willing to give up something else for it. Everything has a dollar value.

By the way, it is my understanding that this is a rumor and not true. I believe they travel as SA3.

Regular Chelsea employees are infact SA3.

However......anyone that is a 'manager' travels as a SA2......and.....Chelsea has the highest percentage of 'managers' of any CAL held company.

Regular Chelsea employees are infact SA3.

However......anyone that is a 'manager' travels as a SA2......and.....Chelsea has the highest percentage of 'managers' of any CAL held company.

I guess that's one way around it!

No shiet that you mention Chelsea....I swear I used to think that to myself, that it was always some Chelsea hack ahead of me on the non-rev list. Them and the 4 family members that they're traveling with. Hmm.

Back