Questions About CommutAir????

Renee

Hey everyone. I have sent my resume to Commutair about a month and 1/2 ago. Haven't really heard anything yet. I have 2005 tt, 270 multi, 162 inst. which meets all the requirements. I am a MEI in Michigan. Anybody have any advice for me. Thanks so much

Check out Flightinfo.com I think they have a lot of posts on Commutair. Though of course.... don't forget to come back here!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey everyone. I have sent my resume to Commutair about a month and 1/2 ago. Haven't really heard anything yet. I have 2005 tt, 270 multi, 162 inst. which meets all the requirements. I am a MEI in Michigan. Anybody have any advice for me. Thanks so much

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right - your times are plenty high enough for CommutAir. Mine were much lower (about 1100/130) when I was hired a few months ago. My best advice is to find someone who can vouch for your flying ability and personality, and have them hand-carry your resume to the chief pilot. They seem to pick the most interviewees from those resumes, thought they do select some from the online application and mailed/faxed resumes. Either way, update often (every time something important changes).

Rumor is that interviewing is winding down for now. They're filling the August class, which might be the last one for a little while. There are a bunch of other rumors of growth that could happen in the very near future, but those are still rumors.

Once you're lucky enough to get in, it is a great first stop in an aviation career. Sure, the pay is low, but the benefits are good, the people are great, and the growth potential (hence upgrade potential) is high. I feel lucky to be here, and I love it.

QP

The word is the August class will have 8 people in it. Supposedly it is filled and will be the last class indefinately.

However there is speculation (ie. not rumor - it has been confirmed in person by the company chairman) that 8 additional cities will be added to the Cleveland flying. This will mean 8 more airplanes and about 50 more pilots. Also with the new codeshare between Continental, Delta and Northwest, we will most likely see some assignments from Delta and Northwest for additional flying. There will not be much notice before any of this happens so we could see hiring begin again very quickly

Good luck and don't give up.

Thanks everybody for responding. I don't know anyone who works for CommutAir that is why I started here. Hopefully my credentials will be good. Again, thanks for all the advice!!!!

Back