Questions about CFI training ...

[ QUOTE ]
Here is where to find the info. on the 3hr in 60 days rule.
Look at AC 61-65D (advisory circular) titled Certification: Pilots and Flight and Ground Instructors
Paragraph 9: Prerequisites for Practical Tests (it applies to ALL practical tests, even CFI's)
Guys, remember that the CFR's can be vague, and there are a lot of AC's. Go to the FAA website, you can view all of the AC's there.
There are 4 different endorsements a CFI applicant needs for the practical test:
A. #24 Endorsement for aeronautical knowledge(flight/ground training)
B. #26 Endorsement for Spin Training
C. #23 Endorsement for FOI
D. #44 Endorsement for 3 hr's training towards a practical test in the last 60 days.

By the way, all the endorsements are listed by # in AC 61-65D

The Turk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you brought up Paragraph 9, here's a cut and paste:

9. PREREQUISITES FOR PRACTICAL TESTS. Except as provided by § 61.39(c), each applicant must
have received an endorsement from an authorized instructor who certifies the applicant has received and
logged the required flight time/training in preparation for the practical test within 60 days preceding the date of
the test and has been found proficient to pass the practical test.

This thread is getting old now. I have to go to the squawk box soon.
grin.gif
By the way, there is no endorsement 44. Did you actually look at 61-65D while you posted?

As far as #26 spin training, what exactly does that encompass? Do you actually have to spin an aircaraft and recover, or is it just spin awarness and the proper techniques to recover from spins(not actually having to spin and recover)?

You actually have to go out and spin, and be able to demonstrate "instructional competency" while doing it.

I'm sure you can get someone to do a one turn spin and sign you off, but at FSI I think we had to do (or at least, I did on mine) a 10-spin series.

Something like:

2- One Turn Spins (1R, 1L)
2- Three Turn Spins (1R, 1L)
2- Departure Stall into Spin (trying to recover within 500 ft.)
2- Base-to-final scenario Spin (trying to recover within 500 ft)
1- Spin entry and recovery using instrument reference
1- Three turn spin where you let go of the controls to see what happens (nothing...keeps spinning).

Fun fun...spinning is awesome! Get a qualified instructor and go do a bunch of them, its a blast!
cool.gif

What aircraft did you use?

I did 3 turn spins as part of the private; I'm planning on doing some more for the CFI
grin.gif

Did 'em in a 152 and all we had to do was release the controls and it came out on it's own.

Back