Question on SIDA training class: What would happen if I fail the test?

ktsai91

I have a SIDA training class coming up in a few weeks before I can start working at Newark Airport. The person who is scheduling the class says that I have to pass a test at the end of the class to receive a certificate. I heard that there is only a couple or a few questions but what would happen if I fail the test by chance? Do I have to reschedule the test at a later date? Or can I only take the test once and if I fail I cannot retake the test anymore?

It's up to your company and/or the port authority. In the end, if you can't pass the test then no certificate = no job.

If the airport authority has any concept of saving time, they'll just let you fill out the test while you watch the video or whatever method of instruction they use. :)

My wife just got a SIDA badge a couple months ago, and she was totally clueless about aircraft and airports. The key to the SIDA is the finger printing and background check, the class just covers very simple things everyone needs to hear. The test is just a formality, to make sure you were listening.

Kind of like FAR §135.299; it has a point, but is pretty much worthless.

Don't worry about it...

Here will be a sample question:

"You witness someone walking around the ramp without any badge, carrying a bomb. Do you:

A - Ask if they need help with the bomb.
B - Beat him with a tire iron
C - Call police
D - Read a USA Today left in the seat back pocket of the 757 at gate 35."

"You witness someone walking around the ramp without any badge, carrying a bomb. Do you:

C - Call police

He said EWR, so... "D" of course!

C - Call police

So what's the answer?? :D

I have a SIDA training class coming up in a few weeks before I can start working at Newark Airport. The person who is scheduling the class says that I have to pass a test at the end of the class to receive a certificate. I heard that there is only a couple or a few questions but what would happen if I fail the test by chance? Do I have to reschedule the test at a later date? Or can I only take the test once and if I fail I cannot retake the test anymore?

How can I apply for a SIDA badge ? I am a truck driver and I want to be able to drive inside the air port they also told me that I have to go into a training. Can someone help me out with link ?

I am from NY looking for to do this wok on JFK.

THANK YOU

C - Call police
Is this a multiple choice question?
Are you allowed to phone a friend?
Can I buy a vowel?

Back