Question for Shawn

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Shawn,
I am 15 and a freshman in highschool! I am looking for a route to one of the airlines. How much is it a year at UND to Major in Commercial Aviation? Do they give financial aid at all?
Also what do they look for grades wise there? Thanks for your help!
-Sean

Sean

I would suggest you check out our website. www.aero.und.edu

That will answer your questions about cost and financial aid.

As for grades, if you have a 3.0 or better and do well on your ACT/SAT you will not have a problem. UND is fairly easy to get into. However, due to dramaticly increasing enrolment. The GPA requirments to be enroled in a flight course are going to be increased.

Hope that helps

GO SIOUX

[This message has been edited by UND CFII (edited February 08, 2001).]

Well i have a 91 gpa right now! what about the other things such as community involvment, volenteering, etc? Thanks for answering my question before though!

------------------
-Sean

Do you mean you have a 0.91 GPA? If you do, college at the university leval may not be for you. You might be able to get into a comunity college and bring your grades up then head to a university.

Good Luck

Sorry Shawn, my school does a gpa as in grades! So i have a 91.3 GPa so i have an A- just wanted to clear that up!

------------------
-Sean

Sean-

I'm sorry about the confusion. An "A" average is something to be proud of, and I congradulate you! Keep up the good work! (I wish my grades were that good in high school, or college)
smile.gif

Anyway, with those kind of grades you should't have a problem getting accepted at almost any university, and you definatly will not have a problem getting into UND.

As for extra-curricular activities, I would recomend being involved in as many as posible. School sports/clubs/activities are always good. Also, I am a firm beliver in after school jobs. I had a job at the local FBO as a "Line Service Tech." a.k.a. "Ramp Rat" when I was in high school. I learned alot about the aviaition industry, and met some really cool people. My job duties were quite varied. I did everything from pump fuel to clean and wash A/C to clean the bathrooms to driving V.I.P's around. I really learned alot at that job, and I would recommed it to anyone.

Keep in mind though, SCHOOL COMES FIRST. (sorry I didnt mean to sound like your mom just then)
smile.gif

Good Luck to you
I guess we'll see you in the fall of '04
(I'll be gone by then, but UND will still be here)

GO SIOUX

oh yeah ill be seeing them in the fall 2004 also thanks for all the insight cfii!!!!
I thank you very much for the things youve posted. Bye the way a little question from me to you may i ask you what were your grades in high school lets say 11th through 12th. Thanks for any info.

------------------
derek L.or mr.pilot im 15

derek-

Let's just say my grades in high school were nothing to write home about! I dont remember exactly what my GPA was(that was a long time ago)but I do remember it was in the area of 2.5. Also,I got a 1000 on the SAT's and a 28(i think) on the ACT's.

Good Luck

GO SIOUX

Back