Question for MikeD

gay_pilot18

You fly the A-10. Is that the plane that you wanted to fly? Or did you want to fly F-15's, F-16's or maybe cargo?

Like the C-5, C-17,C-130 or C-141. If the A-10 was your plane of choice what made you want to fly it,why that aircraft?

Also I'm in TUS visiting friends/family for 3 days and my aunt and uncle live on the eastside of TUS. We pasted DM on the way to there house and it looked like there were British Tornado's parked at the base. Is this true or were my eyes decieving me?

Everett

Don't most people us the PMing when they have these kind of questions?
confused.gif

MikeD has lamented privately many times how he wanted to fly KC-135s but got stuck with A-10s.

[ QUOTE ]
MikeD has lamented privately many times how he wanted to fly KC-135s but got stuck with A-10s.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I've known MikeD personally since 1989 and the only reason Mike's flying the A-10 is because the OV-10, A-1 Skyraider and the B-58 Hustler aren't around any more!

I heard MikeD flew the A-10 as women love fighter pilots and an A-10 pilots epitomes what a fighter pilots really is. It has TOP GUN written all over it.

That B-58 is the SEXIEST thing they ever put a pair of wings on. And GE powered, to boot. Dang, why couldn't I have been born in about 1930 so I could flown one?
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That B-58 is the SEXIEST thing they ever put a pair of wings one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dat's why they call it the "Hustler!"

b58sh_7.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

You fly the A-10. Is that the plane that you wanted to fly? Or did you want to fly F-15's, F-16's or maybe cargo?

Like the C-5, C-17,C-130 or C-141. If the A-10 was your plane of choice what made you want to fly it,why that aircraft?

Also I'm in TUS visiting friends/family for 3 days and my aunt and uncle live on the eastside of TUS. We pasted DM on the way to there house and it looked like there were British Tornado's parked at the base. Is this true or were my eyes decieving me?

Everett

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked the A-10 out of pilot training becuase I like the plane and I wanted to get back to TUS. I'm very much a locations-guy, so I try to get assignments that keep me in the southwest US where I'm from. So far, it's working.

Yup, there's Tornado's parked on the north ramp here for training; unfortunately, I'll be in PHX for the next few days.

Would you be able to post a bit about life as an AF pilot - things like what a week in the life is like (like how often do you fly, do you just show up to the base at lets say 10:30 and fly a practice mission, and go home? how do you ensure you are IFR current, or night current (do you have to be as you never carry pax?) etc), what type of accomodation you get? There really is very little info on that and would make a great perspectives page. I will honestly say I have no interest in joining the military - however it would be an interesting read.

[ QUOTE ]
Would you be able to post a bit about life as an AF pilot - things like what a week in the life is like (like how often do you fly, do you just show up to the base at lets say 10:30 and fly a practice mission, and go home? how do you ensure you are IFR current, or night current (do you have to be as you never carry pax?) etc), what type of accomodation you get? There really is very little info on that and would make a great perspectives page. I will honestly say I have no interest in joining the military - however it would be an interesting read.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone has the interest, I can post a perspectives of your tax dollars in action.

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone has the interest, I can post a perspectives of your tax dollars in action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just leave out the embarassing stuff like when we were having a snow ball fight out at Montana estates and that dumass Rich pulled out a gun because he got mad!

Doug, Mike and I were sitting here talking and I'd personally like to see the photo of Mike from college that he's been talking about....something about sideburns and leather jackets.

BJ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just leave out the embarassing stuff like when we were having a snow ball fight out at Montana estates and that dumass Rich pulled out a gun because he got mad!

No, do tell, do tell!
smirk.gif
I would be interested in hearing of some of your day to day life and our/your tax$ in action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike said that he didn't mind you posting it. He's sitting right here....you know, since we just got back from the Officer's Club nightly singings.
smile.gif

BJ

[ QUOTE ]
Mike said that he didn't mind you posting it. He's sitting right here....you know, since we just got back from the Officer's Club nightly singings.
smile.gif

BJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't find one, yet, but here's one where Mike was playing "Tommy Lee"

dat.jpg

Back