Question for ANG pilots...

BlueStreak

I've got a question for all current and former ANG pilots (or I guess active duty too). I am looking into the possibility of competing for a UPT pilot slot with an ANG unit. I know that the training will take me away from home for quite some time (for a couple years in the beginning at least) and was wondering if any of you ANG pilots had a serious relationship before heading off to AMS and UPT. I am just wondering if there is any possible way to keep a relationship alive while away at training. I know it isn't something that can be easily done but I thought I would ask if anyone had any experience in this situation. Is it possible for g/f's to live with you on base during training? Can you live off base? Are there any breaks during the initial 52 week training? Just wondering, thanks for your opinions.

this topic (while not military specific) has come up oftern in the Family Life section.

the reasons for being aprt are always different but the advise is always the same.

But I have never heard of any military base that allowed you to bring along a GF.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible for g/f's to live with you on base during training? Can you live off base? Are there any breaks during the initial 52 week training? Just wondering, thanks for your opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only dependants can live in base family housing with you; if single, you'll most likely be in a dorm.

Christmas break for something like a week, if I remember correctly.

Just remember, at UPT your mind's gotta be in the game. The program is pretty fast and furious, and if you fall behind due to worrying about other things, it isn't easy to catch up.....and it's a one shot in a lifetime deal.

He wouldn't attend basic, that is for elistment. He would attend OTS, and no your wife cannot go. UPT however, you can have her along.

Back