Question about UND Aerospace program degrees

JaceTheAce

I am considering transferring to UND. Is anyone here getting a BBA in Aviation Management but want to pursue a career as an airline pilot? The Avia Mgt degree only gets you your Commercial rating. I figured the BA in Commercial Aviation (CFI/II rating included) would be a better route for me - if I did this, I would want to double-major in Accounting or a similar Business degree related to Finance and Accounting. The Business or Accounting degree would definitely leave me with many job opportunities if my pilot career plans do not go well.

Any thoughts on this? I'll be flying out to Grand Forks to tour the school sometime in April, so if anyone out there would be able to take me on a tour of the campus, it would be greatly appreciated.

I thought briefly about doing the Aviation Mgmt. program. However, courses like stats and micro/macro have never been my strong point. Instead I'll be doing a minor in Political Science.

Truth is that the Aviation Mgmt. BA is becoming one of the most popular majors here. Like you said it allows students to have a backup plan, which is extremely important especially this day in age in the aviation industry.

I think the Mgmt degree gets you all your ratings through Multi. What most people do after that is throw on the CFI, CFII, etc. as they feel neccesary. As far as which would be better Mgmt. degree or a double major, that is really up to your own discretion. I can tell you that a double major would be a TON of work, but if your the kind of person that enjoys a challenge and can multi-task well it would probably not be to much of a problem.

Let me know when you'll be up here and I'd be happy to take ya around. The Aerospace program also offers a tour thats pretty good.

Hope that helps

Matt

I think the Aviation Management Degree would be good enough to do. This degree is granted through the Business school so the easiest doulbe major here where you get two different degrees is Aviation Management and Commercial Aviation, since most of the classes are required by both schools.

Along with Matt, I'd also be happy to show you around.

How much college do you have done now? If you can show UND that you have completed the general education core from another accredited school, you would have no more Gen. Ed courses to take.

I'm currently an Aviation Management student at UND Aerospace. As Mtts422 said, it allows you to have a back-up plan. Even though you're only required to get your commercial, I am still going to do my CFI.

Good Luck!

<font color="green">UND_Flyer </font>

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Aviation Management Degree would be good enough to do. This degree is granted through the Business school so the easiest doulbe major here where you get two different degrees is Aviation Management and Commercial Aviation, since most of the classes are required by both schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds good, hopefully I'll be able to minor in Accounting, since that would be a good minor to have - I could get my CPA license if I have no luck in the airline industry or for some reason get furloughed/lose medical/etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Along with Matt, I'd also be happy to show you around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks too... It'd be cool to have a student maybe show me around and show me what places there are to hang out at/things to do.

[ QUOTE ]
How much college do you have done now? If you can show UND that you have completed the general education core from another accredited school, you would have no more Gen. Ed courses to take.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have my two years out of the way, but did not take certain Gen. Ed classes as if I took a certain class that one university might require, there may be the possibility of another not requiring it but requiring something else. So, there are about 12-15 units worth of classes that I would have to take for my General Ed. I actually have almost enough classes for a minor in Spanish (I took 4 levels of Spanish college courses, plus 2 advanced speaking and Old Spanish Literature). So far I have a total of 72 Potentially-Transferable Units.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks too... It'd be cool to have a student maybe show me around and show me what places there are to hang out at/things to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you drink? If you do, you will fit in here. There are drink specials all day every day in various bars/restraunts. Buck Fifty Pitchers is a popular night at one of the bars.

I hope the best for you in your transferring. I did it and it can be a hassle.

Down Under Bar which is together with Sensations. I just got back from there and you know what, it is actually a struggle to type this!!

Back