Question about solo XC's

naunga

Question about solo XC\'s

Just wondering about this...

Is there any FAR that sets a time limit on a solo XC? What I mean to say is let's say I plan a solo XC and want to stay overnight before I return home. Assuming my school doesn't have a problem with it would the FAA?

Thanks.

Naunga

Re: Question about solo XC\'s

No FAR for that. You can do pretty much anything while during solo x-country for your private. Exceptions may be flying into class B (unless you have the endorsment) and flying IFR.

The only problem is you need an endorsement for each flight. Your instructor must appove the flight after checking the weather.

Once your instructor gives you that initial x'country endorsement, any instructor can approve and sign off on your x'country planning. Convincing one to do it without cold cash is another story
wink.gif

I could understand a planned overnight, but what if the weather goes to hell on the way back?

Naunga

I wanted to do something like this for a solo x-country, the school said no, due to insurance reasons. I think that might be a load of BS, but there could be some truth to it.

Well, like I said. I fully understand if the school says no. They own the planes, and are entitled to make the rules pertaining to pre-PPL students using them.

I was more looking to find out if the FAA would have a problem with it, which it sounds like they don't.

Cheers.

Naunga

Back