Question about getting my logbook right

Hootie

Old Skool
Okay when I started flying it was in gliders and they put my entries into a lttile glider logbook. Then when I went to fly single engine they put my time in my student jepp logbook. So they were seperate but I counted my glider time towards all my part 61 ratings. Now I am flight instructing and plan on being a career pilot so I want to get my logs looking nice from now on. I still fly gliders a little and keep it in my glider log.

Q1: Should I just keep my glider time seperate or start putting it into my normal log?
Q2: Should I just forget my glider time and logbook?

Do I have to bring that little glider logbook to interviews for the rest of my life because in my jepp logbook it looks like I did all my ratings about 20 hours under the mins. (like I did my comm in 230 hours because I had 20 glider hours).

All I want is my logbook to lurk perdy.......

Thanks

Does your glider time count toward your total time?

If it does, then, yes, put it in your "career" logbook.
If it doesn't, then I'd say keep a separate logbook. As one who transfers page after page of times every month, that's just one less column that you have to carry over. And carry your glider book with you.

Just my .02!!

It counts as total time but I doubt any employer counts it.

What does this mean?
"As one who transfers page after page of times every month"
Do most guys transfer their smaller logs into one master??

Most airline pilots carry those little red "crew log" booklets with them (they fit easily in a shirt pocket) on trips to record their times, then transfer those times to their logbooks when they get home. Once you're past the student pilot level, there is no reason to carry logbooks with you ... just waiting for them to be lost or stolen. I keep mine safely in my office at home, and am backing it up on the computer as we speak. I know some people keep their logbooks in safety deposit boxes or fireproof file cabinets.

FL270

[ QUOTE ]
Do most guys transfer their smaller logs into one master??

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Except right now I'm just saving my little trip sheets with my chicken-scratch notes. I filled up my last little red book and I'm waiting for my Palm Pilot from Santa, so I haven't bought another. Here's my last trip:
39558776.jpg

sorry it's kind of small. . .
I'll collect a bunch of these then fill in a couple pages in my logbook.

Thanks guys

So is your master log that you have transfered everything over into a comprehensive review of your whole career (since zero hours) or just since a certain point in your flying career?

Back