Question about Frequency "Patching"

Haha I hear ya.

One small correction. Since your touchscreen audio panel (VSCS?) acts like the switch that controls the whole system, the audio will go back to the ATC facility first... route through the VSCS and then go back out to all the other RCOs to re-transmit the patch audio. Thanks to radio signals traveling at the speed of light, the delay is still pretty small.
Cool! Yes VSCS

Touche! The funny thing is that I have more time so far this year in 3 other planes than the one I am supposedly paid to fly.

Occasionally.

Wait, at least I FLY a plane rather than make polite suggestions to an autopilot! ;)

I believe that in the US it's called simulcast. Heard former test pilots from McDonnell-Douglas talk about it once at an aviation seminar.

I believe that in the US it's called simulcast. Heard former test pilots from McDonnell-Douglas talk about it once at an aviation seminar.

We call it cross coupling in the U.S. too, but no one ever uses it because they are still working out the bugs here. I remember a day when tech came down and reminded us that we had it. Some people tried it, and it lasted about a day before the people who tried it decided it was more trouble than it was worth.

Back