Question about Delta

shooter13

Doug, in another thread you mentioned when you were hired by Delta you were based in Atlanta. Is that normal? Is Atlanta a senior or junior base? Just curious.

I thought he said he was based out of D/FW, doesn't it say that at the home page?
wink.gif
But having been to Atlanta recently I know that Delta is very big there, I am not sure if it is a hub but there sure was a lot of Delta planes there. Of course along with AirTran.

At one time MCO was the junior base with Delta Express. I did talk to an FO who was going to be based in ATL on the MD88 and he told me that CVG MD88 was the most junior mainline base for FO's. But with the layoffs not sure anymore. When I get back to work I can look on the Flight Ops page and maybe get some more solid info unless Doug gets here first.

I know I would hate to be the last one on the senority list. Talking about sweating everyday. Especially now with the discussions going on between management and the union.

Actually, there have been grumblings of a recall.

Plus, management and the union gave one another "the finger" so there's probably way more diplomacy between North and South Korea than there is between Leo and ALPA.

So Doug,
If you are assigned to one base, but you eventually become senior enough for another one, how do you change? I guess I don't understand how that works.

[ QUOTE ]
So Doug,
If you are assigned to one base, but you eventually become senior enough for another one, how do you change? I guess I don't understand how that works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think of it like this.

Seniority

Seniority

Seniority

smile.gif

Well, to keep it real simple, whenever a position opens up, everyone is able to bid on that position.

The person with the most seniority that bid on it will recieve the opening.

oh That makes sense. If you were more senior to someone already at that base and you decided you wanted to go there, could you bid them out of that base if there were no positions open?

[ QUOTE ]
oh That makes sense. If you were more senior to someone already at that base and you decided you wanted to go there, could you bid them out of that base if there were no positions open?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

Back