Quartzsite, AZ

Mustard gas.

Or when arsenic is hydrolysed it makes arsine, which is another toxic gas that smells like garlic. Arsenic and acid are both used in mining.

Y'all make Blythe sound like Mos Eisley.
So propane smells like garlic because it's infused with with aresenic? Why did you wait so long before you divulged this valuable information? I suspect you have a propane grill and never give it another thought after you're done cooking.

I’m looking forward to stopping there as we go by; we’re entering SoCal in March.
It's a little weird getting to those planes and the airstrip. There is a private property sign right next to a sign inviting you in to come to what's basically an old car junkyard. Had a name and a website but I forgot it. Anyhow, no harm in pressing on to scope things out. It's west of the Carl's Jr's. Where are you going to park in SoCal?

It's a little weird getting to those planes and the airstrip. There is a private property sign right next to a sign inviting you in to come to what's basically an old car junkyard. Had a name and a website but I forgot it. Anyhow, no harm in pressing on to scope things out. It's west of the Carl's Jr's. Where are you going to park in SoCal?
We’ll be in San Diego for March. Doing all the tourist things a family can do, including a world famous Cat Cafe and Disney. I’ll send you a pm tomorrow. Just landed in Phoenix and headed home with the family soon.

Quartzite gets packed up with the giant RV park on the south side of I-10 there. Very cheap daily rates. I haven’t seen other operating planes there, unless some are in the hangar; just the carcasses of some scrapped ones in the junkyard west of the runway. Half the year there’s next to no one there, the other nearly half the year the population nearly quadruples in size.

Everytime I’m at BLH, there’s not another aircraft there. And yet, the airport has three instrument approach procedures.
My instrument long xc in 2007 involved a stop at BLH for some approaches on the way back to GEU. I helped a buddy ferry a 152 he bought in Inyokern to Montana via PHX and stopping in BLH at night was quite the adventure too.

Last edited:
Did my long x country from DVT to MYF with a stop in BLH in the early 2000s. It was an “interesting” town even back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back