Qatar Airways Hiring!

CRJDriver

Word is Qatar Airways is hiring! Type-rated and non-type rated pilots.

We are looking for qualified Captains & First Officers and invite applications from candidates that meet criteria below:

We are looking for qualified Captains & First Officers and invite applications from candidates that meet criteria below:
Captains (A300-600 / A330 / A320 / B777) - REF: FLI0001W/SIN

* Total minimum hours 6000 with at least 2000 hours of command of which 1500 hours shall be jet command
* 500 hours on type
* Valid ICAO license
* ICAO English Proficiency Level has to be endorsed on the license

First Officers (A300-600 / A330 / A320 / B777) - REF: FLI0001X/SIN

* Total minimum hours 1000
* 500 hours on type
* Valid ICAO ATPL or frozen ICAO ATPL (FAA ATP written is not acceptable)
* ICAO English Proficiency Level has to be endorsed on the license

Type Rating Conversions
Pilots without a rating on the aircraft types we fly must have the following minimum experience:

1. For Captains, 6000 hours with at least 2000 hours command of which 1500 hours shall be jet command and 500 shall be on EFIS equipped jets.
2. For First Officers, 2000 hours of which 500 hours shall be on jets.

Pilots with considerable experience on the Boeing aircraft (B747-400, B767, B757 & B737NG) will be considered for a type-rating conversion on the B777.

Pilots given type-rating conversion will be required to sign service bond with the Company

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-flightdeck.html

That is awesome! I'm no where near the hours required, and leaving aviation for a few years, but overseas hiring again is AWESOME!:rawk:

My Uncle works there. Good company. They will work you hard but you are well payed for your troubles.

Anyone else get an interview? They want me to come to Doha on oct 28th. I got the interview based on the type rating conversion program they have. I haven't been able to find any info on their interview process for the type rating conversion guys. Kinda rough if they throw me in a simulator of a plane I've never flown before and start failing engines.

When Eagle was hiring they would toss you into a Saab, one of the many heavy sims, or just the regular old frasca. Just had to fly an airplane, not really know the systems. And the were putting 250hr wonders into these.

If you have flown transport category aircraft before, then you know the usual engine out stuff, and Im sure thats what they are looking for. Or maybe Im completely wrong and they want you to know flows before you even go through training with them...

Damn no jet time but ton's of TPIC. I would love this job but the aircraft Qatar flies into Chennai look like crap.

=Jason-

I've never seen a Qatari plane that looked like crap--they all look like brand new heavies to me...must have been a different company you're referring to???

Back