Qatar Airways F/As ?

This is one of the reasons why ALPA spends a lot of energy and resources on the middle east carriers. They play by their own unfair rules and we need to do everything we can to slow them down.

There was a guy on apc a while back who advocated that the majors should refuse to hire anyone who went and flew for one of the big 3 over there. The more I think about it the more I agree with him.

There was a guy on apc a while back who advocated that the majors should refuse to hire anyone who went and flew for one of the big 3 over there.

That might be a tall order.

Besides, Moak seems to indicate that those expats will rush home as the hiring starts and help relieve the "pilot shortage". You wouldn't want to stand in the way of that, would you ? :)

“A significant number of currently furloughed or displaced American and Canadian pilots have had no choice but to accept pilot jobs in other parts of the world in order to make a living. In addition, many qualified pilots have chosen to fly for overseas airlines because of the instability in the North American aviation industry. These pilots would prefer to fly for North American carriers, if they were able to support themselves and their families as well as feel confident of a long-term career.”

http://www.alpa.org/portals/alpa/fastread/2012/jumpstories/11-27-12story2.htm#jump

OK, back to the thread subject: Assuming the article is accurate, how they get ANYONE to endure those conditions is puzzling. Maybe someone with first hand knowledge will come along and explain the facts to us casual observers. :confused:

Last edited:
I heard from a FA friend of mine that this is all true. Scary that these airlines want our domestic routes too.

Back