Pursuing ATC as a possible career (long post)..but i need opinions.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,

I'm currently a senior in high school and am at the metophorical crossroads of my life per se.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude
You are only at ONE crossroad of life ... there will more.
I do like how you are approaching it and there has been a wealth of opionion here for you to consider. I will agree there is a better school for ATC than ER, go to Beaver ( can I say Beaver here? ) County Community College, you will save a boat load of money and get connected with the ATC world. I have a good friend who graduated there and is doing very well professionaly and financially, although he had a few thin years "paying" his dues. I have a high regard for controllers who have been on the other side of the mike, and your interest in both sides will make you a better controller. Good Luck

Jim

I am currently majoring in ATC at University of North Dakota and find myself in a similar situation as you. While ATC is very exciting and I would have wonderful job oppurtunities, I started flight training this semester and really enjoy it. I could definately see myself flying as a career where as before I thought I would do it just as a hobby. Now I'm starting to consider drifting away from ATC. The only problem I see is the hiring age if I ever want to go back to ATC. No real advice, wisdom, or proverbs in this post, just a view from a fellow student pilot in a similar situation.

Back