Pulled over but no ticket

Skypilot101

Years back I got pulled over for a left hand turn with traffic . Cop just took my information for internal use, told me to be more watchful next time, never issued me a ticket. Is this something need to disclose on airline apps on driving history?

Depends on what the app is asking you? Is the word "infraction" used? Is the word "ticket" used? It all depends on the language.

Depends on what the app is asking you? Is the word "infraction" used? Is the word "ticket" used? It all depends on the language.
On airline apps it says:
“Please enter any information concerning driving violations. Include all infractions involving payment of fines, court appearances, and/or assessed penalties. If none, please continue to the next page. “
It says fines, which would be no?

On airline apps it says:
“Please enter any information concerning driving violations. Include all infractions involving payment of fines, court appearances, and/or assessed penalties. If none, please continue to the next page. “
It says fines, which would be no?

I know this is the "Attorney" thread and I am not one, but it's been a little quiet.

If you didn't pay any penalty or pay a fine or appear in court, you've met the ask of the question, right? I'd probably just move on.

You can also pull your official state driving record and see if anything is there.

-b

I would skip to the next page based on what they are asking. The first sentence is a general statement. The second is more specifically what you need to respond to. You don't meet those specifics in my opinion.

You weren’t cited, else you would’ve received a copy of a citation from the officer. You received nothing more than a verbal warning and then sent on your way.

I wouldn't write it down; they're looking for you to own your past and also to see if you're a habitual offender. They don't care if you got a warning and since it wasn't in writing, you didn't even get that......"officially". You weren't cited, no harm, no foul!

If they ask in interview if you've ever been STOPPED by law enforcement, tell them what happened and that you got a warning and a smile from the Officer.

P.S. Not an atty; stayed at Holiday Inn

How far back can they see? I had a ticket in....1995?.....around then. Ive read things that say the DMV only keeps stuff for the last 3 years.

I currently work in law enforcement and based on the phrasing of the question, I would say this doesn’t need to be disclosed. If all you were given is a verbal warning, there will be no record of the traffic stop outside of the jurisdiction you were stopped in.

For what it’s worth, I’ve had three tickets since turning 18. Never once has it come up in any aviation interview, including my two legacy interviews. Don’t admit to kidnapping the Lindbergh baby, but also don’t think you need to hide minor infractions because it’ll keep you from getting a job. Learn from your mistakes and become better!

i did get asked about my one traffic citation during my interview, but mainly because it was for doing over 120 in a 50 zone. and the cop that cited me was on foot - he didn’t have a vehicle or motorcycle. So it was interview story from that incident over 25 years ago.

Years back I got pulled over for a left hand turn with traffic . Cop just took my information for internal use, told me to be more watchful next time, never issued me a ticket. Is this something need to disclose on airline apps on driving history?
NO. As a former cop, it's a non-event.

"left hand turn with traffic" Huh? did you get pulled over by a real cop? never heard of it.

Back