Pucker Factor

When did PSA fly into KEYW?

2001 or 2002 until 2006. Best trip in the system. It was for Dayton based crews and you'd go DAY-DCA-MCO-FLL. The next two days you'd do two or three EYW turns out of FLL and then on day 4 you'd go FLL-MCO-DCA-DAY. The whole four days you'd keep your airplane and you'd never see another PSA crew.

PSA also flew CLT-EYW from time to time to cover for Republic.

ummmm, I fly magical unicorns into 4 foot runways all the time. And, ummmmmm, I never puckered once.

Attachments

• KristenwiigSNL (2).jpg
    KristenwiigSNL (2).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 57
They used to fly 737s and 727s into DUT (PADU) I don't have the huevos to do that, it'd be terrifying. Hell, its spooky enough with the way the winds are in there in the 1900 let alone a 73

I saw a 737 on the ramp at Cleveland Burke-Lakefront Airport this week. If you've flown in there you know how the crosswinds can be. I'm told during the airshow they will land c-130's in there. Really looking forward to checking that out.

I saw a 737 on the ramp at Cleveland Burke-Lakefront Airport this week. If you've flown in there you know how the crosswinds can be. I'm told during the airshow they will land c-130's in there. Really looking forward to checking that out.
A C-130 is a whole other world compared to 73's and other airliners. You can touch down in a C-130 and stop in 500 feet. At a light weight, you can take off on a 2000 foot strip with no problem. I spent 4 years as a Radio Operator/Loadmaster on a USMC KC-130 and we used to land on dirt expeditionary airfields that were short and had trees at either end and never had a problem. My last flight in a KC-130 was on BN#149798, which was the aircraft used to land on the USS Forrestal in 1963! That's right! A C-130 landing on a carrier.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjNyQvhsQE8

some info about it can be found here:
http://www.scenery.org/c-130.htm

Some people call it a Skypig, but to me, it will always be the best aircraft ever made for the purpose it was made for. Nothing beats a carrier break over the field at 500 feet and 73 degrees bank in a C-130...beautiful!

2001 or 2002 until 2006. Best trip in the system. It was for Dayton based crews and you'd go DAY-DCA-MCO-FLL. The next two days you'd do two or three EYW turns out of FLL and then on day 4 you'd go FLL-MCO-DCA-DAY. The whole four days you'd keep your airplane and you'd never see another PSA crew.

PSA also flew CLT-EYW from time to time to cover for Republic.

Yeah that definitley sounds like a nice trip!

I know a 727 can get in there. My first night on the line at ANet, a 727 made it into Burke with winds 40+ knots and then a bus slid into it when it was sitting on the ramp. :panic:

I guess the E180 is a little before your time on the JungleBus.

Back when US Airways (well, MidTitanic) first got the 170s they had a huge number of gremlins in them. It was pretty common to push off the gate, turn around and then get some sort of EICAS message that said "screw you, we aren't going to go flying right now" which would cause them to turn back around and pull into the gate. Hence the E180 name.

Back when US Airways (well, MidTitanic) first got the 170s they had a huge number of gremlins in them. It was pretty common to push off the gate, turn around and then get some sort of EICAS message that said "screw you, we aren't going to go flying right now" which would cause them to turn back around and pull into the gate. Hence the E180 name.

You whipper-snappers....

What's funny is the nickname was assigned as such to the E145 when it first came out circa 1998. As the revolution of the late 90's created alot of movement, it's appearant that the institutional memory of line lore was corrupted with all of the movement.

BTW, the evil message appearant was "FLIGHT CONTROL NO DISPATCH", which was caused by any type of touching of the yoke without hydraulic power (Ooops....the programmers in AZ neglected to tell the airplane that if it was on the ground at the gate, and the yoke moved, that flight control deflection wasn't necessary) or any waver in the voltage.

If the voltage was irregular from the GPU (*cough*C18*cough*PHL*cough*) then all kinda mess would be created.

Oh dont worry. Im well aware of why they call it the 180.

Seggy knows why I posted that...little inside joke....

Back