Pubnat 2 UTAH

nofear

I just got my PEPC invite and consideration for Salt lake ARTCC. I know its a level 10 facility and I want to learn can about it. If there is anyone else heading there I'd love to here from you.:)

Wow. I thought I would get at least a few responses. Are there any utah or Idaho offers from Pubnat 1. Are there any of you that requested Utah or Idaho as one of your top two choices? I wonder if there is just not a lot of demand for Utah or if I am just really lucky to get the only offer in Utah?

No responses because this is a stupid thread. Ask the question in one of the MANY other threads and stop creating pointless threads.

Hey Bipop,
No need to be rude. Maybe I listed it purposely so people didn't have to scroll through about 500 responses.:crazy:

Wow. I thought I would get at least a few responses. Are there any utah or Idaho offers from Pubnat 1. Are there any of you that requested Utah or Idaho as one of your top two choices? I wonder if there is just not a lot of demand for Utah or if I am just really lucky to get the only offer in Utah?

Actually I applied to Idaho as my #1 and Utah as My Number 2 for Pubnat 1 and Idaho as #1 and CO as #2 for pubnat 2 I havent heard anything back yet... I was almost positive I was going to get selected..... Well qualified, CTI, Vets Pref, and VRA Eligible. So congrats to you.

I also do know that Idaho is on a hiring Freeze now so you wont see anyone from idaho getting selected, that is unless they have God like connections.

My husband was just given a OKC date for ZLC. Are you going Enroute or Tower?

Some basic info: It is level 10. The locality pay is the basic % (13.18% I believe), currently it is taking ABOUT 2 years to be fully checked out but that could change with new trainees and such.

Send me a PM about what you would like to know about SLC and all that. We live here and my husband knows 3 ATC's that work Enroute and Tower. There is also some from JC that are in OKC and headed to ZLC but most are too busy to check forums and such. I would be glad to answer any and all questions with the information I know.

I was almost positive I was going to get selected..... Well qualified, CTI, Vets Pref, and VRA Eligible.

I think the big bottleneck is how many classes OKC can handle at the same time. I've noticed that whole swaths of the country weren't included in the lastest round of PEPC invites.

I wonder if your application has been set aside for a few months down the road.

and green jello with carrots in it.

I have lived in Utah my entire life and I have NEVER had green jello with carrots! I honestly can't think of a time I have even really seen it. Now if you want to talk about jello with fruits added and whipped topping...yeah that is everywhere.

Oh and Boomer - who doesn't like lemonade?!?:)

Honestly, Utah is a GORGEOUSLY scenic state. Under the seasons topic in my blog you can see some beautiful fall folige. The mountains here are majestic! If you are into outdoors, you will love Utah. No matter the season there is something to do. Hiking in spring, summer and fall and tubing, snowmobiling and cross country skiing in the winter; Water skiing in the summer; snow skiing in the winter; Lots of places to camp and hike, all within about a 20 minute drive! (Here is a link to my friends site and he has some amazing photos on his blog and on Flickr of Utah scenery http://sovknight.com/autumn-pretty)

Overall I hope you find the people to be nice. You will find nice and mean people...just like any other city, state, country, etc. Hopefully you find more nice than mean. In general, Utah is considered a safe state with crime and such. You can get in bad areas just like anywhere but overall it is safe. I live in the Ghetto of SL (Midvale) and I am still rather safe.

Yes you will have a harder time getting the strong alcohols, if you are a drinker...I believe all of it is still available if you want it, you just have to go to a liquor store instead of the grocery store.

Honestly, Utah is a GORGEOUSLY scenic state.

Yes you will have a harder time getting the strong alcohols, if you are a drinker...I believe all of it is still available if you want it, you just have to go to a liquor store instead of the grocery store.

The people in SL are friggin' HOTTIES!

Do you still have to have a 'sponsor' to go to night clubs? First time I had gone the door guy was "Would you like Mike to sponsor you?"... and then I was all "Who? I don't know a Mike."... and my friend was all "Just say yes."... and I was all "Okay, yeah, good ole Mike."... and then they let me in.

I have lived in Utah my entire life and I have NEVER had green jello with carrots! I honestly can't think of a time I have even really seen it. Now if you want to talk about jello with fruits added and whipped topping...yeah that is everywhere.

I am Originally from Southeast Idaho and every time I visited relatives and friends in SLC we got Green Jello and Carrots, and yes there was the Red or Orange Jello with fruit..... I still get it everytime I go back..... it's a "Mormon Delicacy" :D ...... I had to, couldn't resist....

The people in SL are friggin' HOTTIES!
You're not lying..... Two Words: "Singles Wards" :nana2: :nana2: :nana2: Ohh and the real scenery is really nice too.....

I don't pay that close of attention to liquor laws cause I don't drink but I do know that recently they were working on changing the sponsor and private club stuff. I think they were also trying to change it so that you could have a double (not sure what that means).

Johnsc - That is funny about the green jello. I am mormon...never had nor do I ever want to have that "mormon delicacy".

I don't pay that close of attention to liquor laws cause I don't drink but I do know that recently they were working on changing the sponsor and private club stuff. I think they were also trying to change it so that you could have a double (not sure what that means).

Johnsc - That is funny about the green jello. I am mormon...never had nor do I ever want to have that "mormon delicacy".

yeah, I am mormon too, and at every function it seems to show up... it is actually pretty good. I don't know how you survived being in Utah and not having experienced it, but congrats.....

As for the Liquor laws, I know that afterthe Olympics came they started relaxing a lot of them. So I think the Sponsor requirements are gone, but I think you can only still get Single Shot drinks. But my information is all Second hand from my military buddies so take it as you will...

See I could never get through a family event without "Frog Eye Salad" and "oatmeal carmelitas"...those are YUMMY!

As for the alcohol, I know that Utah just changed several laws in the last session...but I didn't pay much attention to them. They honestly don't affect me one way or the other.

Back