PubNat 2- Texas

I applied for Forth worth center and D.C. center. Hopefully I get to stay in my home state the best state ha. I really just want to start making money and have a reason to quit school for awhile!

Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin, etc...or the counties they're basically in...

So your list is completely identical to mine...Maybe we will both get called. I really want Houston (my hometown), but I am thinking Austin is turning into my #1.

So your list is completely identical to mine...Maybe we will both get called. I really want Houston (my hometown), but I am thinking Austin is turning into my #1.

I just toured the Austin tower and TRACON a few weeks ago. Pretty nice guys there, and the facility seemed like it'd be a good one to work in -- and a good amount of volume for an academy grad without getting overwhelming. Plus, it's easily one of the greatest airports in the world. Good food, live music... what's not to like?

I currently live in Florida for graduate school. As far as back home goes I live near the woodlands area. What about u?

I just toured the Austin tower and TRACON a few weeks ago. Pretty nice guys there, and the facility seemed like it'd be a good one to work in -- and a good amount of volume for an academy grad without getting overwhelming. Plus, it's easily one of the greatest airports in the world. Good food, live music... what's not to like?

Did they say they had any openings in Austin?

Did they say they had any openings in Austin?

The guy who showed me around, who I believe was a facility manager, said that they were still needing "a few" more. There was one trainee there who came in off of one of the announcements last year, don't remember if he was CTI or OTS, but not military.

Austin is class C airspace -- don't remember facility level -- but it's not terribly busy. So good and bad sides, I suppose... bad because there aren't quite as many openings as there would be at a larger place, but a great place to start if you can get in. If you don't think it's too late to give them a call -- can't remember if your panels are done or not -- send me a PM and I'll pass his number along to you.

I actually don't live in TX right now. I really like Austin. Its a nice city. I believe it is a level 9. I could be off by one. Houston is my number one, bc it's home and the locality pay is a double thumbs up!

I chose Florida and Texas, because I live in Houston now for my current job, but would def like to get back to Florida, love it there!!

Did anyone get picked for Houston Center?? I choose Texas and Center Only but didn't get a PEPC invite nor have I heard of anyone else on here going to Houston Center......

Back