PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Your DOT badge gets you

GnW

employee discounts at almost any airport. You just tell them you're an employee. 30% paycut doesnt seem so bad when you get 30% off your Starbucks when traveling!

employee discounts at almost any airport. You just tell them you're an employee. 30% paycut doesnt seem so bad when you get 30% off your Starbucks when traveling!

Just wait until you do your yearly conduct and discipline and standards of ethical conduct briefing. You as a Federal employee cannot accept anything IE gifts, discounts, etc.
http://www.tc.faa.gov/legal/BriefWrap2006.pdf

A gift is defined as
any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, forbearance, or other item

having monetary value. It includes services as well as gifts of training, transportation, local travel, lodgings, and

meals, whether provided in-kind, by purchase of a ticket, payment in advance, or reimbursement after the expense
has been incurred.
Prohibited source is defined as

any person who: 1) is seeking official action by the employee's agency; 2) does

business or seeks to do business with the employee's agency; 3) conducts activities regulated by the employee's

agency; 4) has interests that may be substantially affected by performance or nonperformance of the employee's

official duties; or 5) is an organization a majority of whose members are described in 1 through 4.

And so forth

Remember you are on duty, representing the FFAA 24/7/365

Note:
It is frequently prudent for an employee to decline an otherwise permissible gift offered by a prohibited

source or because of the employee's official position.
How do I know when I may not accept a gift?​
With some exceptions mentioned later, you may not ask for or accept a gift from anyone who is giving the gift to
you because of your Government job. Ask yourself if the gift would have been offered if you were not working
for the Government. If the answer is no, then the gift is being offered because of your Government position and​
you cannot accept it.

That being said.....I'm sure it still happens.

Back