PUBAK

if pubnat 3&4 pubak and pubhi are all being considered together. what will i get picked up for since i applyied for 3 of those 4 ?

if pubnat 3&4 pubak and pubhi are all being considered together. what will i get picked up for since i applyied for 3 of those 4 ?

If they're all being considered together, my guess is that you'll get picked up for a place that a) is in dire need of people and b) a place that no one really cares to go to. I thought about it like this, if there are 10 people in the pool and you picked CA & FL and applied for Hawaii and Alaska, and there are a few other people that picked CA & FL (but didn't apply to the HI and AK)...well you'll head to HI or AK since you're WILLING to go and no one else was.

anybody else wishing they get an offer for pub 3 or 4 instead of the ak that we thought would come after 3 and 4

Hmmm when you try and bite off more than you can chew, sometimes you throw up (When you see the AK offer). Patience pays, unless you are 30.

im scared thats exactly whats going to happen

How could ya be scared? You applied for it, knowingly that theres a chance you'll get picked to go there!

Everything will be cool. Besides, in your pic you're in snow, so you'll fit in just fine in alaska!:p

I'm just teasing ya bro! But what's the worst case scenario? You become an ATC'er?! That's about as bad as it'll be, you'll just be in foreign country!;)

I applied to both PUBNAT4 (AK and MN geo prefs) and PUBAK and was selected for ANC. I recall seeing some people getting FAI and JNU in one of the other threads.

Crap... I sure hope I stay ahead of all those PUBAK people (for job seniority). Sounds like I might get thrown in the same class though. :banghead: Non-PEPC :banghead:

Wait... I doubt that!
yoda.gif

"Get early class date you will."

I almost picked alaska for one of my preferences, because it is so gorgeous. I love the mountains there, the incredible outdoor opportunities, all the airplanes : ) and the laid back people. The only problem with alaska is fairly high price of living and some areas have daaaang cold winters. Good luck to all.

Back