Pt. 135 vs. Banner Tow

FlyByWire22

Evening all,

I'm currently at a 135 VFR operation, flying twins. Started training in January, and am still waiting on my check ride with the FAA. Our D.O. likes to poke the beast, so to speak, and the FAA in turn takes their sweet time in giving us check rides etc. We don't have a check airman, which only compounds the problem. I don't have a problem with taking my ride with an inspector, but I do have a problem waiting this long. When he finally did show up this past week, something wasn't signed off to his liking in the MX log book, so he scrubbed the ride - didn't even start it. I'm sitting at 1300 TT, 450 point to point x-country, 55 multi. My ultimate goal is the Majors or large PT 91 - that being said, if I were to tow banners or sky divers for another 200-300 hours, instead of 135 would that hurt me when applying to regionals? Any thoughts or advice to give a frustrated 22 year old looking for direction?

Is your D.O. poking the Bear or is the Bear poking the D.O.?

Dealing with the FAA can make things very unnecessarily complicated and frustrating, just remember they are there to help. Do whatever is going to get you to a regional the quickest. The only concern is a few months of VFR only flying might make you a VFR pilot.

You REALLY don't want to be working at a shop that has a less than good relationship with the FAA. No reason to risk your certificates just because management likes to dance with the the Feds.

Once you have you have your atp minimums, are you going to leave the 135 job? Question is how fast do you want to the hours.

Evening all,

I'm currently at a 135 VFR operation, flying twins. Started training in January, and am still waiting on my check ride with the FAA. Our D.O. likes to poke the beast, so to speak, and the FAA in turn takes their sweet time in giving us check rides etc. We don't have a check airman, which only compounds the problem. I don't have a problem with taking my ride with an inspector, but I do have a problem waiting this long. When he finally did show up this past week, something wasn't signed off to his liking in the MX log book, so he scrubbed the ride - didn't even start it. I'm sitting at 1300 TT, 450 point to point x-country, 55 multi. My ultimate goal is the Majors or large PT 91 - that being said, if I were to tow banners or sky divers for another 200-300 hours, instead of 135 would that hurt me when applying to regionals? Any thoughts or advice to give a frustrated 22 year old looking for direction?

Regionals don't care. Get the time and get in.

Was that PSA or Piedmont? I knew Piedmont was doing that for employees (rampers, gate agents, etc...) but hadn't heard about PSA doing it.

I think its Piedmont. I hadn't heard that it's employees only.

Also, they're having a recruiting fair in Vegas in late April. @FlyByWire22 shoukd ask if they'll fund that trip if he signs a letter of intent.

Back