PSA Poolies Q

If it makes you guys feel any better rumor over at the "other" USX carrier is possibly more furloughs/downgrades as 3-month LOA's come back. Additionally they don't expect flying to increase at all until summer '09, depending on what mother US Air does. That is, if they are around that long...

I knew there was a reason I choose my company, if I'm going to get stuck somewhere it might as well be here, just wish I was in the other seat! :(

If it makes you guys feel any better rumor over at the "other" USX carrier is possibly more furloughs/downgrades as 3-month LOA's come back. Additionally they don't expect flying to increase at all until summer '09, depending on what mother US Air does. That is, if they are around that long...

I knew there was a reason I choose my company, if I'm going to get stuck somewhere it might as well be here, just wish I was in the other seat! :(

Piedmont? Doesn't PSA have some LOA guys comming back soon?

I think that the last month LOAs were offered was for August. Those ppl came back in september (actually i knew one guy in my class that went from LOA to furlough)... by the way, i saw ur other post about the ATP written, if i were u, id study for it and take it... what have u got to lose? it lasts u 2 years like any other written exam... 2years still gives u time to even apply and go to another regional if PSA stays flying lean

Thats because PSA doesn't have the money to hand over $25 million to keep our flying! (Had to go there :D) Seriously though, what gives. While all the other legacies are ramping up to POSSIBLY hire, why is Airways still planning on shrinking? I know no one really knows this answer, it's more of a shot in the dark.

Pruning for a merger.

I think that the last month LOAs were offered was for August. Those ppl came back in september (actually i knew one guy in my class that went from LOA to furlough)... by the way, i saw ur other post about the ATP written, if i were u, id study for it and take it... what have u got to lose? it lasts u 2 years like any other written exam... 2years still gives u time to even apply and go to another regional if PSA stays flying lean

Hell If I'm not recalled in two years, Airways is probably gone anyway.

Gofish, who is left to merge with? American? You figure PSA would be up the creek ala Comair in that case or is PSA cheap enough to keep around?

Hell If I'm not recalled in two years, Airways is probably gone anyway.

Gofish, who is left to merge with? American? You figure PSA would be up the creek ala Comair in that case or is PSA cheap enough to keep around?

I don't have a crystal ball.

Chuck Norris is a fruitcake who runs like a sissy girl.

A friend online said that we are losing one plane a month for a few months due to some FAA checks? What checks are those if anybody knows?

Meyers..
has open time been that high in oct or nov? I stopped checking it after we were furloughed.. it was that high in september and they covered it.

All reserve assignments, junior mans, etc, are supposed to be reported to our representation. I read that many have not been following through with this request.

All reserve assignments, junior mans, etc, are supposed to be reported to our representation. I read that many have not been following through with this request.

I understood this to be due to a pay issue, not a furlough issue.

Paul, is that amount of open time considered a lot? Forgive my ignorance but I never check that stuff.

Keep in mind this is with the Holidays, pilots timing out, etc. However I just doubled checked and 2nd round lines have been awarded and these numbers are still the same. This is the most I have viewed since I left Dayton for sim last december. Jan around this time the numbers were as high due to upgrades. However when I was in class last December I dont recall the numbers being as high. Oh well. We will keep as few pilots as we can to keep the operating cost down. No need to be too excited.

Keep in mind this is with the Holidays, pilots timing out, etc. However I just doubled checked and 2nd round lines have been awarded and these numbers are still the same. This is the most I have viewed since I left Dayton for sim last december. Jan around this time the numbers were as high due to upgrades. However when I was in class last December I dont recall the numbers being as high. Oh well. We will keep as few pilots as we can to keep the operating cost down. No need to be too excited.

I'd love to argue otherwise but when it comes to closed minded management, this place never lets me down.

Back