PSA October Lines

meyers9163

Well just an update for all of you out of a job. Lines came out today. DAY has 34, TYS has 34 and CLT has 73. With that most lines are credited for the most part of 90 hours each. Yes that's right, over 90 hours each, while we have over 76 pilots on furlough. Just thought it'd be room for thought for anyone out there who might be in a pool swimming or wondering what things were look like.

And that's with a reduction in flying? Hell they had at least 33 lines in TYS for the month of september. Not to rub salt in your wound Meyers, but I guess you get the big "F" today? This is day ten of furlough for me. It's amusing how they said reduction in flying and all that other crap, but yet at the beginning of this month there was 345 hours of open time for just the F/O's. Amazing.

while we have PBS, guys were getting 85-90 hour lines even bidding Min Sked for september, and guys that were getting furloughed (yesterday) and were on reserve had their schedules filled with trips for the first 9 days of this month. Makes you wonder.

Well just an update for all of you out of a job. Lines came out today. DAY has 34, TYS has 34 and CLT has 73. With that most lines are credited for the most part of 90 hours each. Yes that's right, over 90 hours each, while we have over 76 pilots on furlough. Just thought it'd be room for thought for anyone out there who might be in a pool swimming or wondering what things were look like.

And that's with a reduction in flying? Hell they had at least 33 lines in TYS for the month of september. Not to rub salt in your wound Meyers, but I guess you get the big "F" today? This is day ten of furlough for me. It's amusing how they said reduction in flying and all that other crap, but yet at the beginning of this month there was 345 hours of open time for just the F/O's. Amazing.

while we have PBS, guys were getting 85-90 hour lines even bidding Min Sked for september, and guys that were getting furloughed (yesterday) and were on reserve had their schedules filled with trips for the first 9 days of this month. Makes you wonder.

Wow....I had a friend over there that was caught by the furlough as well. I agree though about all that open time and the lines being built to 90 hours! Amazing! Our lines here at Mesaba the last few months were basically right at 75 hours (for 900 FO's anyway) and we didnt furlough any. It does make you wonder. I hope things get better over there at PSA soon......

It does make you wonder. I hope things get better over there at PSA soon......

Thanks bro! Hope everyone everywhere gets better! :)

Also if PSA Mgt were to do what many others have done. And you take our 90 hour lines in all bases and made them 75. We roughly would have 2130 hours of time left over. You divide it by 75 you'd have created about 28 more 75 hours lines. Now I know theres much more that go into this but its just a kick in the balls. Or so it feels like!

For all the Mesa and Gojet bashing we do on this site, I'd be willing to say that PSA management is just as careless in the way they treat thier pilots as any of those other two places. A shame really that they are TRYING to keep pilots on the street rather than trying to help. The union can only do so much with a management that isn't willing to give and take.

I wonder how many rats are picking up open time.

Just an observation from someone there a limited time but it seemed like the senior pilots at PSA could give a crap about the junior ones as long as they got their 90+ hour lines and open time to fly.

Slightly off topic but: I'm afraid of PBS. Unless there are contractually set default values for all parameters it is just going to end up as a more efficient way to F you over.

The fact that in our current negotiations (at MAG) PBS was something the company wanted also made me feel like it wouldn't end well for me.

Employees cost money beyond the guarantee. They'd cut have of these lines if they could work the crews 180 hrs per month. How many were "bad" 90-hr lines with 10 days off, longs sits, max duty days? PSA will take the contract and the law to the limits. Was there a resolution to the fatigue survey?

How many think that the PSA/PDT crew planning merger is the first step in a complete consolidation of the WO's?

How many think that the PSA/PDT crew planning merger is the first step in a complete consolidation of the WO's?

I dont think so. Really it appears it was done to go with the 25% cut that they just announced at corporate. It seems at least for the time being that it has more to do with that then anything. Hell if PSA/PDT were to merge it would probably be a lose lose situation. Although I guess in ways it might help PDT out slightly with upgrades. But who knows to be honest.

Why stop with crew planning, though? If there is a way to keep the 2 certificates separate and merge the HQ staff, they would. That would save a bunch of overhead. Did I read something about the Dayton Airport Inn getting a new lease on life?

Slightly off topic but: I'm afraid of PBS. Unless there are contractually set default values for all parameters it is just going to end up as a more efficient way to F you over.

Truer words were never spoken. Take if from someone who's had PBS shoved down their throat without said contractually values.

Over here, our lines are down to about 75, which is min guarantee. I think some might actually be below that, so we're in the same boat as Mesaba. No doubt, it's due to the fall pulldown from NWA mainline. Only vacancies so far have been in ATL, where they're intentionally overstaffing. Unintentionally, we're overstaffed pretty much every where else, but don't try to drop a trip. It'll still get denied. :)

but don't try to drop a trip. It'll still get denied. :)

Damn..so it's not just at RAH, huh? It's amazing how fast trips get denied and it's so frustrating. It seems like the only people I've talked to that can drop trips when they please are SKW pilots...

Back