proper phraseology for clearance deliv?

Does nobody use the phrase, "clearance on request"?

Example:

"Reno ground, Dice 11, IFR to Tonopah, clearance on request, ready to copy."

Maybe that's just a military habit, but that's how I was taught.

Sorry sir, that is not how clearance on request is used, at least in the civvy world. COR is for ATC not us. If you know you are calling early for your clearance say so, don't use COR.

AIM 5-2-3

"Podunk Clearance, this here's hauler123, a ratty lookin' 310 parked over the same oil stain it's been parked on top of every day since PATCO was still in business. Anyhows, I gots me a load of rubber dog poo and some nukulur medical stuff that's probably messing with my semen and figgured I'd give this whole instrument flying thing a shot so you all wanna tell me how I should go abouts getting to BFE? We got that newfangled ATIS thingy too."

Well, at least that's what I dream about saying. Might just give it a try next time.

"Clearance, hauler123, ready to copy" seems to work just fine.

The whole "clearance on request" phraseology always struck me as weird for a whole bunch of reasons, not the least of which is you're not requesting the clearance until right then so the tense is screwed up.

At KSAT the ATIS gives instructions for contacting CD. Heading and altitude is mentioned specifically. Baron NXXXXX VFR 047 @ 4500 to HYI with India (which was todays flight). Our CD likes you to tell them them you have the weather.

Back