Prop Governor Question

Ya, and not just multi's and certainly not just constant speed either. I don't understand how you haven't seen this.

Well maintained and serviced equipment versus not so? Heck I don't know, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it probably shouldn't be.

Well maintained and serviced equipment versus not so? Heck I don't know, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it probably shouldn't be.
I've flown new engine new prop new governor and seen it quite frequently. My guess is it has more to do with the inertia of the prop/engine combination (I.e. a chieftain will show more variance than a DA40) than it does with the condition of the equipment.

I've flown new engine new prop new governor and seen it quite frequently. My guess is it has more to do with the inertia of the prop/engine combination (I.e. a chieftain will show more variance than a DA40) than it does with the condition of the equipment.
Ya, actually I don't remember it on the Cherokee I learned to fly in, but it's been a long time since I've flown one, and was concentrating on other things. 172, 182, 206, pa23, pa31 all did it though.

Back