Promoted....But Headed Back To The Office

MD-11Loader

As many of you know on here, I finished flight training a couple months back and now have all three flight instructor ratings as well as AGI. After training I chose to go back out in the field as a Loadmaster to make some money. Yesterday I was given a new job, and as of Monday I am the Manager of Ground Operations for World Airways. I am excited for the opportunity, and it will keep me in one location so that I can find a job instructing with the ultimate goal of one day being a pilot for WO. Goodbye cargo pants and carbon fiber toed boots, hello ties and pressed shirts.

Congrats on the new position! World Airways brought me home from Rhein-Main AB about a year before the base closed.

As many of you know on here, I finished flight training a couple months back and now have all three flight instructor ratings as well as AGI. After training I chose to go back out in the field as a Loadmaster to make some money. Yesterday I was given a new job, and as of Monday I am the Manager of Ground Operations for World Airways. I am excited for the opportunity, and it will keep me in one location so that I can find a job instructing with the ultimate goal of one day being a pilot for WO. Goodbye cargo pants and carbon fiber toed boots, hello ties and pressed shirts.

Congrats on finishing your ratings and your new job! I spent three years as a -10 engineer at WOA, got furloughed in Sept 2010. Our paths have probably passed before! Are you going to miss Bishkek?

Congrats on finishing your ratings and your new job! I spent three years as a -10 engineer at WOA, got furloughed in Sept 2010. Our paths have probably passed before! Are you going to miss Bishkek?

I have been playing on the 747 for the past few years, so I haven't see too much of FRU as of late. I will still be out in the field. I had to go to DOV last night, and looks like OST and AUH are in my near future.

Congrats, I rode a World MD-11 to Osan AFB from Seattle for my Korea tour back in '05.

RY, he always spoke highly of the World family and loved what he did. Congratulations on the new position.

RY, he always spoke highly of the World family and loved what he did. Congratulations on the new position.
Yes, He beat me up in the sims a few times in MEM.:) It seems all of the check airmen at World loved their jobs and their fellow crewmembers. He loved his Harley too...He was highly regarded by all that had the pleasure of working with him.
MD11 loader has the new position. My new position is on the Lazyboy chair since I got furloughed in 2010.
Things are looking up though, I have an interview with a line maintenance company in PDX this Thursday. I have also been hired with a NOV start date as a transit driver here locally. It's a tough choice, wrenching in the rain and being around airplanes or making the same money to drive the bus and stay dry with excellent county bennies.

I apologize, I lost track of the posts. The government benefits are hard to beat, I started with a local government agency as a way to pay for college and flight training. I have a bachelors' degree and a CFI certificate and am still there. That was 17 years ago!:)

Back