PROBLEM:Piper Twin Comanche door handle

I would suggest that you purchase a new "shaft assembly" and a new door handle and install them both. There are 3 different part numbers listed for the Twin Comanche shaft asm, 2 door handles listed. I checked one shaft number 23346-004 [the only one available from Piper], it was $300 - ouch.

The "REAL WORLD" is full of smoking holes, and believe me, the NTSB will come out of that smoking hole with that quick unapproved fix in their hands.

AS one of my teachers says: "we are not in the business of fixing aircraft, we are in the business of AIRWORTHINESS"

I'm not saying that the fix that you are talking about is going to effect the airworthiness of the aircraft, but the attitude of "yup,its all about keeping them going here in the REAL WORLD!" is not quite right, especially when you don't have a mechanic rating.

Also, I think it is interesting that you deleted the post where you wrote basically that you were the aircraft cleaner and that you were doing this fixes by yourself.:rolleyes:

Sounds like you have a good teacher. I'll admit that I have very little experience in general aviation, mostly heavies. I hope you don't plan on entering the commercial aviation world once you're finished with training, because I'm afraid you'll be really disappointed. Its definitely not like it used to be.

As far as management is concerned the business of AIRWORTHINESS is that the paperwork is right. Also each and every day we have uncertificated personnel working on the aircraft and a lead mechanic signs off the paperwork. Heck, now they are even having helpers as we call them install Oxygen Generators.

Its even worse at 3rd party maintenance vendors (MRO's as we call them). Not only do they have unlicensed employees, many of them cannot even read, write or speak english. I used to work at a MRO where there was a bunch of sheetmetal contractors that had one guy translate everything for them.

:banghead:

thats what im talking about REAL WORLD!besides if you fix a plane correctly why wouldnt that be considered airworthy,KEEPING THE AIRPLANE FLYING IS KEEPING IT AIRWORTHY,an aircraft WILL NEVER lose its airworthyness certificate if it is regularly maintained,even if the pilot or owner operator is the one doing the maintaining,now 100 hr inspections and annuals are different,and i dont do them unless i have complete supervision,i think you were assuming to much Mariano.

Back