Pro Line 4/Approach Mode Selection

dmcaso

Currently flying a Beechjet 400A with a Pro Line 4. Seems that everyone has a different opinion on autopilot mode selection during approaches. Manual guidance is pretty vague.

I have my way of doing it, but what I'm looking for is specific guidance on what mode should be selected for all types of approaches. All opinions on different airframes or specific guidance on the Beechjet is welcomed.

Can anyone help?

I have my way of doing it, but what I'm looking for is specific guidance on what mode should be selected for all types of approaches. All opinions on different airframes or specific guidance on the Beechjet is welcomed.
FSI put together a nice little "final modes" thing when I went to school for the ProLine 21.

This saved my bacon more than once! Hope it helps….be safe!!
260A4777-8021-4C4C-BE81-B74B89816491.jpeg

My Gawd. Maybe the most useful thing I’ve ever seen on the internet. Thank you!!
You’re welcome. THIS is why I love JC, thanks @Derg!!

That's great. If folks have something similar for the Primus and Garmins, please spill, too.
It’s not any different, the mode selection and switches are the same. The switch over in Garmin (at least with the 3000) is 10x more difficult than Collins.

You say that, but you still have plenty of career left to end-up flying some Comac or Embraer freighter with some off-the-shelf integrated avionics that doesn't even exist yet.

(While your "copilot" is sitting back in at the center in Prague, messing with their hair before checking-in with the other flights they're co-pilating.)

Back