PRK

Windchill

What exactly is the PRK and will it work for an individual who has failed the Red Lens test and one eye has some variance or separation of 8?

http://www.allaboutvision.com/visionsurgery/prk.htm

Here is a website regarding what PRK is. I don't know if it will help an individual who has failed the "Red Lens Test" or has variance or separation. However, someone else in the forums probably knows if it will.

I recommend you call multiple eye surgeons regarding your questions about the procedure. Ask the same questions with different doctors so you can compare their answers and see if they all match up.

Hope that link helps.

[ QUOTE ]
the Red Lens test and one eye has some variance or separation of 8?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean?

I'm not sure exactly . . . once he said there was a problem and I would fail I was a little beaten up to think clearly and understand what he was saying/ask logical questions. I'm going to have it re-evaluated.

What I understood, my right eye's resting spot is higher than normal or where it should be when it is covered and my left eye is looking at an object. The optometrist used some sort of prism that had numbers running up and down and where the prism corrected my problem was at 8. Something to do with separation/variation and where/how my right eye rests.

He said glasses would correct for it but getting glasses won't get me through the physical. How does this make sense if people can use glasses to correct 20/40 or 20/60 (whatever the limit is now) to 20/20 for heavies? Why couldn't I?

My right eye is a lazy eye and I'm guessing that's where the problem lies, question is how to correct for it and how soon could I accomplish this to keep the ball rolling on the slot I was already selected for.

Ironic part is, my vision is 20/20

Back