private multi-checkride questions

stalled

checkride coming up in a week, just wondering if anyone who has gone through this already, remembers any questions they were asked.....thanks for any input

and i will also check out.the checkride section of the forums

MELs, engine-out aerodynamics, Vmc, stall speed vs. Vmc (and how the curves change depending on altitude)...

Aww heck, I'll think of more stuff. It's been a while. Do have a look at the Multi Oral Exam Guide though.

That's about it. Oh, know Vmc demo. Can't remember if you'll do it on the private but I think you do (or can).

Know your engine out flow: Mixture(full forward), Props(full forward), Throttle(full forward); Flaps/Gear(up), Identify(dead foot=dead engine), Verify(move suspected throttle - listen for any RPM change), Fix(gas, pressure, etc.) or Feather (Fix v. Feather depends on alt.).

I doubt you'll get into MELs for the private level but look 'em over. Critical engine vs. non-critical engine.

Overall it's an "easy" ride.

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt you'll get into MELs for the private level but look 'em over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got some MEL questions tossed at me on my Private AMEL ride, though it didn't go as in-depth as Commercial stuff.

We got into MEL's at the private level as well.

Just remember for the durations of the MEL.

"A" - 'A's specified
"B" - "Bee Three" Three Days
"C" - "See Ten!" Ten Days
"D" - "Darned long time!" 120 days.

Plus, if it's broken and not on the MEL, you're not legal to fly with it inoperative despite what the term "Minimum Equipment List" implies.

[ QUOTE ]
That's about it. Oh, know Vmc demo. Can't remember if you'll do it on the private but I think you do (or can).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup... you do.... or, better said... I did (a Vmc demo) for my PPAMEL ride.

Questions asked (that I can remember):

What is Vmc - what increases and decreases Vmc?
Describe landing gear system
Describe constant speed propeller and how it works
Describe engines (whate kind? HP? That kind of thing)
Usable fuel, range, FPH
V-speeds

I'm hitting a wall now...

Hope that helps though.

In 25 days, or so, it'll be two years since my PPAMEL ride ... how quickly we forget!
shocked.gif

To add to things to know, however:

Your pre-takeoff brief. Do you use runway length or blueline for gear up decisions. Be prepared to defend/justify either.

Where/when is the one - and really only - place/time that losing an engine is truly, honestly really bad juju? Why?

Know your systems - especially fuel.

That should about cover it I think. It's really not that bad of a ride. Just go up and show 'em you have a basic understanding of what's going on when one engine quits - and more importantly that you know how to keep from killing yourself - and your golden. Easy right?
cool.gif

Vmc Demos are part of the multiengine checkride. The private multiengine checkride is the same as a commercial ride only it will be to private pilot standards ie 45 degree steepturns instead of 50 degree steepturns, and if you have you instrument rating you will have to do a regular approach and a single engine approach. Once you have done that you will not be required to do approaches on your multiengine commercial ride as you will have already fulfilled the requirements to not have the limitation on your instrument airplane rating that it is limited to single engine airplanes. Key to the multiengine oral is to know multiengine aerodynamics especially Vmc, the airplane's systems, and they can ask about MELs they will not get as indepth about MELs on a private ride, but they will expect a basic understanding on what they are.

[ QUOTE ]
Once you have done that you will not be required to do approaches on your multiengine commercial ride as you will have already fulfilled the requirements

[/ QUOTE ]
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool.gif

Although we are practicing them anyway for the CMEL ride (coming up in a few weeks ... no set date.. but, soon)... JUST in case.
grin.gif

Practically the only thing I got asked about during my multi engine oral was the aerodynamics of VMC.

Back