Private Lessons -VS- Air Cadets

Johnathan

Hi, I am 13 years old and want to become a commercial airline pilot. I know that a good first step is training for a Student Pilot Licence. It requires 10 hours of flight when I am 14, which allows me to fly solo. Or I could join the Air Cadets to get my permits cheaper, I don't think the Cadets offer training to become a Commercial Airline Pilot. Please tell me what you think!

Any Input Anyone?
confused.gif

the air cadets are the way you want to go.

You will be exposed to aviation a bunch more now when you are younger, and you will have an easier time in the future.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I am 13 years old and want to become a commercial airline pilot. I know that a good first step is training for a Student Pilot Licence. It requires 10 hours of flight when I am 14, which allows me to fly solo. Or I could join the Air Cadets to get my permits cheaper, I don't think the Cadets offer training to become a Commercial Airline Pilot. Please tell me what you think!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would go with whichever way offers you more experience. the cadets may not have the specific training to become an airline pilot, but any flying experience you have would help you. I'd consider whichever one gives you the best opportunity to build hours and experience.

OK, thanks. I will probably go for private lessons at my local airport. St.Catharines/Niagara District.

By the way, do you like my new avatar?

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, do you like my new avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's swell, looks a lot like an airplane.

[ QUOTE ]
Solo when your 14??? Last I checked you had to be 16.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can SOLO in a glider at 14 I'm pretty sure...

Yes in Canada you can solo a cessna at 14 as long as you habe 10 hours of flight and your instructor says that you qualify.

Back