Private Jets

PaulS

Does anyone know what the largest pirvate jet on the market is that a pilot can fly without need of a co-pilot? I know that you can get a single-pilot certification for some Citations, but I was wondering if you could do the same for a Gulfstream or any larger aircrafts?

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what the largest pirvate jet on the market is that a pilot can fly without need of a co-pilot? I know that you can get a single-pilot certification for some Citations, but I was wondering if you could do the same for a Gulfstream or any larger aircrafts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raytheon has one but simple answer is NO. the small 500 series and the like are it.

The Citation 501, 551, CJs (525s), and the Beech Premier I. Most, if not all, of the "microjets" in development (Citation Mustang, Adam A700, Eclipse 500, etc.) will be single-pilot, but nothing larger than that is, to the best of my knowledge.

Remember that a single-pilot type certificate or waiver is a long way from insurance approval, which is usually far more stringent. Many one-pilot aircraft are flown with two pilots for that very reason.

Larger aircraft (such as the Gulfstream) are sufficiently workload-intensive and complex that you really WANT two pilots up front.

FL270

Back