Private Checkride Passed!

clayfenderstrat

I finally got my PPL! I have been training for about a year and a half--and I finally got it. The first day we scheduled, we did the oral exam, but the weather went all crazy on us, so we rescheduled the flight for another day. When this day came, I had all day to get worked up about it, and I was pretty close to puking right before the flight because I was so nervous. As soon as I met the examiner at the airport, my nerves went away. It's interesting that my maneuvers/landings were the best I had ever executed. I figured I would bomb the checkride being as nervous as I was. The only thing that happened was I forgot to turn my carb heat off after a short field landing. He reminded me but then never said anything more about it. Hopefully I will go on my first "Private Pilot Outing" very soon. My instructor told me that getting your license is the best feeling in the world....I can't agree more. Do the checkrides get easier from here on out?

congratulations!!! your checkrides will get easier but harder at the same time. you now know what to expect but the required knowledge becomes greater. best of luck with your continued aviation career.

My instructor told me that getting your license is the best feeling in the world....I can't agree more. Do the checkrides get easier from here on out?

I nearly got sick before my PPL check as well... With the subsequent ones, the nerves go down but they dont really get much easier. When you go for your instrument, you will want a whole lot of practice on the approaches. My instructor set me up with about the most difficult guy out there saying "if you can pass with him you deserve the ratings".

Congratulations!!!mine is in a few days ,hopefully i will be a private pilot soon,but great job on your checkride!!!YOUR A PILOT!!!!:D

AWESOME!!!! Never forget this day... its such a special time.

Major Congrats..be safe and enjoy that certificate :)

Thanks for all the support. Good luck to you guys who have a checkride coming up. It's really not as bad as I cracked it up to be.

Sweet.

What's the next step?
I hope the next rating goes quicker!
(I know what it's like to crawl through training!)

Back