PRIVATE CHECKRIDE PASSED!

Falcon

Well, the last 4 weeks have been extremely busy for me, studying and what not...has finally all paid off.

As of saturday morning (v-day) i am a Private Pilot.

Started with the oral which was about 1.5 hours, real cool examiner and we got along great, stumped me on a few and i had to look up a few questions.
confused.gif

But after that we stopped for a few minutes and headed out for the ride. I actually thought i had pink slipped 5 min into the checkride. I watched the KING video's on passing a checkride and ended up acting like John King for the first few minutes...big mistake.

We started on my x-country and my first checkpoint was the Appleton VOR and he wanted he to visually identify it. Well i couldnt find the damn thing, he had me circle for like 5 min til i found it. Then as soon as i found it he had me turn on course to our alternate...Knox County (4I3) and as soon as i rolled on to my heading there was a plane at the same altitude...so close we could see the pilots name scratched on his headset (slight exaggeration but prob less than 500 feet).
I looked at the examiner and was in awe for the fact he hadn't failed me. Anyways we got to 4I3 and he had me do a normal landing and taxi back..."told me to relax and get all of the crap off of your lap", fly like you having fun. We took off and did a short then came back around for the short obstacle (no obstacle) to a soft tield takeoff and headed back to Newark (VTA). The rest went like this:

-Hoodwork
.......-vectoring
.......-unusual attitudes
-Slow flight
-Simulated engine failure
-Go around
-Stalls (power on to the right, power off to the left)
-Steep Turns
-He said, "Looks like a white slip to me, take me home!"

and that was the extent of it....if anyone has any questions feel free to ask....now on to my instrument!!

-Falcon
(PILOT)

That's rich - never heard of being asked to identify the VOR ON THE GROUND. I look for em, for fun, but an examiner???

You can be proud of your PP. Be sure to follow your instincts and get going right away on your IA.

[ QUOTE ]
That's rich - never heard of being asked to identify the VOR ON THE GROUND. I look for em, for fun, but an examiner???

You can be proud of your PP. Be sure to follow your instincts and get going right away on your IA.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a visual checkpoint on your xc flight plan, you should be able to find/identify it from the air. That's why using VORs as visual checkpoints isn't the best idea (no offense!) unless you know for sure you can find it from the air.

Congrats, Falcon!

Thanks everyone,

The oral questions i missed...

I actually didnt miss any...i just had to look them up as he said.

I looked up

Q-What requirements a PP has to have to give charitable rides.
--------------------------------
Q-He asked what info they give on an ATIS?

A-i gave everything but what runway they were using...stupid mistake

----------------------------

i gtg ill post more later

-Falcon

What do you squawk if you have an engine fire

Back