Prime Air

DKShrute

Does anyone know anything about the flight support assistant job at Prime Air? Salary? Thanks

Hey bud -- if you're talking about the 737s, you're likely looking for Sun Country Airlines. They operate the Amazon Air fleet as a partnership. Airline Transport Services Group (ATSG) does most of the 767s, through Atlas Air, or Air Transport International, orrrrrrr ... There's another in there. Some shop in Miami I can't recall. It ain't Cargojet.

Any other info, I'll try to fill in the blanks. The title caught my eye because I somehow thought this was an ask for Primera...

Primera_Air_logo.svg.png

Hey bud -- if you're talking about the 737s, you're likely looking for Sun Country Airlines. They operate the Amazon Air fleet as a partnership. Airline Transport Services Group (ATSG) does most of the 767s, through Atlas Air, or Air Transport International, orrrrrrr ... There's another in there. Some shop in Miami I can't recall. It ain't Cargojet.

Any other info, I'll try to fill in the blanks. The title caught my eye because I somehow thought this was an ask for Primera...

View attachment 66702

You're thinking of Silver Airways whoch operates some ATRs for them. I do also believe Cargojet has a couple of aircraft flying for amazon but i could be wrong.

Also ATSG has nothing to do with Atlas, they own ABX, ATI and Omni Air though Omni doesn't work with Amazon. ATI is the biggest provider to Amazon followed by Atlas and Sun Country. I believe ATSG has consolidated a lot of the Amazon flying from ABX to ATI so I can't speak to the extent that ABX operates for them.

Also, the job could actually be for Amazon. I work with a few dispatchers that worked there. Might be different now but they used to hire dispatchers as flight followers in the sense that they would monitor how all these companies that operated for them were doing. As far as I know there is no actual dispatching being done there. While Amazon does own some airplanes, they are all still operated by ATI and the others so a job with Amazon is more in "ops control" than it is dispatch if thst makes sense.

Does anyone know anything about the flight support assistant job at Prime Air? Salary? Thanks
If it's working directly for Amazon, which I believe it is, I've heard nothing good about the position. The salary isn't terrible, around 90-100k after stock options, but I've heard it's like working in an Amazon warehouse as far as how they treat you. Of the 4 people I've known who have worked there, all have left and all have claimed the same negative experience. If you are looking to Dispatch Amazon flights you'll have to work for one of the carriers who fly for them.

You're thinking of Silver Airways whoch operates some ATRs for them. I do also believe Cargojet has a couple of aircraft flying for amazon but i could be wrong.

Also ATSG has nothing to do with Atlas, they own ABX, ATI and Omni Air though Omni doesn't work with Amazon. ATI is the biggest provider to Amazon followed by Atlas and Sun Country. I believe ATSG has consolidated a lot of the Amazon flying from ABX to ATI so I can't speak to the extent that ABX operates for them.

Also, the job could actually be for Amazon. I work with a few dispatchers that worked there. Might be different now but they used to hire dispatchers as flight followers in the sense that they would monitor how all these companies that operated for them were doing. As far as I know there is no actual dispatching being done there. While Amazon does own some airplanes, they are all still operated by ATI and the others so a job with Amazon is more in "ops control" than it is dispatch if thst makes sense.

Dude knows his stuff. Thanks for the clarifications on the ATSG bits -- I know Atlas is its own little world, but ATSG is a rabbit hole of fun as a nerd and someone way too fascinated in this industry.

Speaking of lone wolves -- Amerijet was the one I couldn't think of.*!

If it's working directly for Amazon, which I believe it is, I've heard nothing good about the position. The salary isn't terrible, around 90-100k after stock options, but I've heard it's like working in an Amazon warehouse as far as how they treat you. Of the 4 people I've known who have worked there, all have left and all have claimed the same negative experience. If you are looking to Dispatch Amazon flights you'll have to work for one of the carriers who fly for them.

I've heard the same thing from some friends that worked there (I think the position is officially titled Air Ops Coordinator). I was initially interested given the pay and location, but ran when I heard about employees there getting saddled with extra projects and unpaid overtime, under difficult management.

Back