Prices drop again!

Fly764

ATP dropped the career program price again, by 5K. Now its only 44,995. They also lowered that multi engine rating special down to 1,995 along with a few other programs that they have. I am close to being done with my training here, and while it seems slow at alot of the ATP locations, I wouldn't imagine them to be hurting badly.

ATP's information about this discussion topic may be found on our website:

<Airline Career Pilot Program Price Decrease>

ATP has a policy of not responding to specific posts on discussion forums, but we will try to provide helpful information relevant to the entire thread when possible. We welcome your questions and comments by phone at 800-ALL-ATPS (800-255-2877) or email <admissions@allatps.com>.

We wish you the best of success in achieving your career objectives.

ATP

They're probably going to have to lower it more if they're going to find people that have 55K to drop in this economy. Job prospects are very bad, might as well do it cheap at the local airport and take your time to enjoy training rather than having your check rides scheduled before you even arrive....

Prices drop. ATP offers a little bit of free jet time to the students who already paid the higher price. Small compensation for a lower price, but they do not have to do anything. Still though, into the thread come the naysayers. For shame ATP! _-Sarcky-Azm-_

So, prices at the levels they were more than 2 years ago, some jet time for those who paid a bit more recently...not a bad thing.

With funding options for flight training drying up, I'd imagine the price drops more in the near future, or at least the year ahead.

With several airlines having folded recently and a glut of furloughees on the street, airline hiring will be a slow rebounding process over the next several years.

I kindly suggest those looking to start flight training shop around and do some serious CBA work before committing major funding to any particular program.

I love the ATP rep on here! That's funny. Perhaps he can speak to the PFT with Gulfstream? Perhaps some bad rep from that and thus a drop in price to move the discussion away from that? Also the multi add on is a joke. The FLIGHT time you get for 2k is nearly ZERO. Almost all FTD. However for 44k the Professional Program isnt too bad of a price. I just wonder what they cut out of it. How many multi hours etc.

Well it's good to see the prices dropping. That is certainly the most common criticism of ATP (well...prior to Gulfstream anyways).

The program now offers "over 100 hours of multi-engine experience". To that I say It's About Time. No reason to go further into debt to more than double the regional's multi-time minimums (if/when they start hiring again).

Nothing cut out of the ACP. (EDIT: In reference to the last price drop. Reading Clocks post, yeah ATP reduced the multi a bit a last time.)

As far as the multi add-on.....I think ATP is just trying to compete with other low-time low-dollar multi add-on companies. The guys flying old beat up Travelairs on our field charge very little, but you get very little flight time. You don't even fully shut down an engine until your checkride! At least with ATP you get 4 hours in the plane, unlimited sim, and use of the plane for the checkride. And the plane you take doesn't leak out a quart of oil per hour, with the engines not running! You may scoff, but it is obvious people are more price driven than anything because those Travelairs fly every single day, most of the day. So their cheap program is working, and also taking a cut of the business. In this market, ATP has to compete.

I agree though, it should take more time. For the most part, people are still doing the 10 hour program. I have had alot of people make it throught he 4 hour deal, but they usually have previous multi experience or alot of hours.

I'm glad to see the ATP Certificate cost drop a bit to ~$1,700, but if you figure examiner fee and housing, then you'll be over 2k again and don't get very much flight time and practice. I guess it is fine if you are proficient. I can do the 10-Hour ATP program for about the same price, if not less at my local airport in a Seneca.

What I think they should do is move their fleet to more single engine a/c. Back when the airlines were hiring, 50 multi was all you needed. 200 was sort of overkill. Could significantly reduce costs.

If you can afford to hold on to them, now would not be a good time to try and sell any airplane.

Plus, while 50-100 multi may be enough, more arguably makes you more competitive.

ATP should consider bringing back its ASAP timebuilding program. At least that would get some more utilization on those twins.

It was a 7 day program, $3495 for 35 hours of multi PIC (part of that is dual, part shared). You also got some training materials on the Garmin 430 and Seminole. Although they might want to adjust the price for today's market.

I'm glad to see the ATP Certificate cost drop a bit to ~$1,700, but if you figure examiner fee and housing, then you'll be over 2k again and don't get very much flight time and practice. I guess it is fine if you are proficient. I can do the 10-Hour ATP program for about the same price, if not less at my local airport in a Seneca.

When i worked for ATP they had the 2 day and the 4 day course. We always recommended the longer course for non-professional pilots. The 2-day was mostly for the military guys or people who fly all the time. The ATP checkride isnt hard. Any 1500 hour pilot who flies on a regular basis should be able to pass the ride. they just need to get used to the plane. And thats all the training flights were for the 2 day course. familiarize yourself with the Seminole, go over some flows, and you were good to go.

Back