PRIA

I had a company say I never worked there even with me having an employee number and copy of my training record with signatures. Oh the fun. 8)

Some companies these days really need to sit down with their legal team. At my place, we won't even include "not eligible for rehire" on a reference check. The only thing that leaves our HR folder is verification of employment dates, and pria records relating to training and pilot duties. Anything in addition only opens the company up to potential litigation.

Some companies these days really need to sit down with their legal team. At my place, we won't even include "not eligible for rehire" on a reference check. The only thing that leaves our HR folder is verification of employment dates, and pria records relating to training and pilot duties. Anything in addition only opens the company up to potential litigation.

As it should. I also think that they need a review of what is considered "in the performance of their duty as a pilot." Getting popped for a sick call, being late to an airplane for over sleeping, knocking over a drink cart, or flooding the aft lav on a turn because the Mexican food did a number on you isn't "in the performance of their duty as a pilot." Well, one of them involves doodie, but of a different kind.

Back