PRIA Record Receipt Survey

Did you get a copy of your PRIA report when applying for a new job?

• 121. Yes. Checked the box and got it automatically

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • 135. Yes. Checked the box and got it automatically

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 121. Yes. But not automatically. I had to follow up.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 135. Yes. But not automatically. I had to follow up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 121. No. I checked the box and did not follow up.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 135. No. I checked the box and did not follow up.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 121. No. I checked the box and followed up but still did not get it.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 135. No. I checked the box and followed up but still did not get it.

• Yes, but I got it from the new company, not the old one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MidlifeFlyer

I've been fielding a few PRIA questions lately and trying to get a handle on a practical question.

The 8060-11A includes a checkbox for the pilot to request a copy of the PRIA record the prior employer (OldCo) sends to the potential new employer (NewCo). In theory, OldCo is supposed to make two copies of the record, sending one to NewCo and one to the pilot.

My question is to what extent this actually happens. Does OldCo actually send the record to the pilot automatically? If not, what extra steps were taken to get it? Or did you not get it at all even if you requested it.

I'm setting up a poll which allows multiple answers (you may have had different experiences ap with different companies), mostly for some level of anonymity and some sense of numbers, but polls are limited, so I'm really more interested in the anecdotal responses.

Checked the box.
Received 0 records

Same for me. 18 months after I started the new gig, HR called me to let me know they never actually got pria info from my previous employer (a largish 121 regional). Made angry phone calls, refilled out forms, checked the box... never saw anything.

Pretty sure if I wanted a copy I had to pay them.

After signing a release of liability, my previous airline released my records to the new airline.

Yes. The OldCo is entitled to charge a reasonable fee for providing the records to the NewCo and the pilot.

They're also have the right to have you sign a release of liability.

I'm only familiar with one holding company that does so.

Pretty sure if I wanted a copy I had to pay them.

After signing a release of liability, my previous airline released my records to the new airline.
This immunity is in the damn statute, and making someone sign a release is just one more regional-jackass move.

Oh. Checked box. Received bacon.

Same for me. 18 months after I started the new gig, HR called me to let me know they never actually got pria info from my previous employer (a largish 121 regional). Made angry phone calls, refilled out forms, checked the box... never saw anything.
that's a GREAT thing, right!?!? (FU, whale and dolphin and PRIA!)

Back