Pretty cool video.... "Life as an airline pilot"

Ok is it me or did those homeboys takeoff into the yellow with some yellow/red behind it on the radar? I'm also glad to see that he only gets 2 days off between trips and commutes too.

That was a pretty sweet video! That hotel that they stayed at looked pretty dang awesome. By reading the things that you guys have to say it is pretty far from what the carriers here in the U.S. are willing to pay for their crews to stay in.

I watched the video up until his breakfast at the hotel, then I got too depressed and shut it off. At Pinnacle, it was a treat to get to eat breakfast!

That was a pretty sweet video! That hotel that they stayed at looked pretty dang awesome. By reading the things that you guys have to say it is pretty far from what the carriers here in the U.S. are willing to pay for their crews to stay in.

Not really true internationally, depending where you are. Actually, I've stayed in absolute top-notch 5-star hotels in some of the worst places in the world. Go figure. :)

Not really true internationally, depending where you are. Actually, I've stayed in absolute top-notch 5-star hotels in some of the worst places in the world. Go figure. :)

So mainline U.S. guys like Derg get to stay in those fancy hotels when they are over in Europe then? I had thought that the issue had to do with the airlines based in the U.S. and not the quality of the hotels here. I know that there are some really crappy hotels in the U.S., but I was under the impression that there were still enough high quality ones around that if airlines wanted to put their crews up in them then they would be able to do so. That is very interesting.

You mean all hotels don't have hookers soliciting you? Gosh must be the hotels Pinnacle puts us up in.

Ok is it me or did those homeboys takeoff into the yellow with some yellow/red behind it on the radar? I'm also glad to see that he only gets 2 days off between trips and commutes too.

Change the tilt and gain and it all goes away.

Besides a red in Europe is like a light green in the States.

This was my regular overnight breakfast. Nothing beats waking up to 80 degrees, coffee, and the sound of the ocean.

Yeah we get similar ones on the French Islands. St. Thomas and Tortola aren't bad either. Nothing beats the oceanside breakfasts!

Yeah we get similar ones on the French Islands. St. Thomas and Tortola aren't bad either. Nothing beats the oceanside breakfasts!
My #1 favorite breakfast spot on a trip. Coogee Beach, Sydney:

6761_10100101876775318_1257542532_n.jpg

:)

So mainline U.S. guys like Derg get to stay in those fancy hotels when they are over in Europe then? I had thought that the issue had to do with the airlines based in the U.S. and not the quality of the hotels here. I know that there are some really crappy hotels in the U.S., but I was under the impression that there were still enough high quality ones around that if airlines wanted to put their crews up in them then they would be able to do so. That is very interesting.

Dunno what mainline guys do!

Europe is hit or miss, as is Asia. The best hotels I've stayed at were in the Middle East, and the best period was in Djibouti, Africa.

We only fly in the Caribbean, so every overnight is near a beach. Always makes for a pleasant start for the day.

My last St. Croix overnight, looking out my door:
IMG_20130425_071217_620.jpg

The start of breakfast. The eggs, ham steak, and "home fires" were soon to follow...
IMG_20130425_073022_920.jpg

Whiny ass airline pilots, "its not all that glamorous"..."its not always like this"... you want me to make a highlight video of working in IT Security?

Back