Press Release - Colgan Flight 3407

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seggy

Our Fellow Pilots,

The Colgan MEC would like to express our deepest condolences to the families and loved ones of all those on board Flight 3407, including our fellow aviators, Captain Marvin Renslow, First Officer Rebecca Shaw, and Captain Joe Zuffoletto, as well as flight attendants Donna Prisco and Matilda Quintero.

ALPA quickly responded to news of the accident, dispatching a team including Colgan pilots and ALPA staff, as well as representatives from a number of other ALPA pilot groups, to support the NTSB in its investigation. As ALPA is a party to the investigation, the union cannot comment on the accident at this time. Please NOTE: If you are contacted or approached by anyone regarding this incident, please do not comment; direct reporters to media@alpa.org.

ALPA has also made available volunteers through its Critical Incident Response Program (CIRP). Volunteers involved in the CIRP Committee are trained in peer support for pilots. They will be available in our crew lounges in EWR, IAH and IAD, or by contacting ALPA CIRP Committee Chairman Louise Cullinan (MAG) at (970) 291-9367.

In addition to the assistance from our union and fellow ALPA members that we are already receiving, many of our ALPA brothers and sisters have offered their personal support and assistance. ALPA is inviting members and others to donate to ALPA’s Emergency Relief Fund to assist the family members affected by this tragedy. You can make a donation by following the links found at www.alpa.org.

We sincerely appreciate the generous outpouring of support that has been made to our pilot group today, which is another example of how the ALPA family comes together to help fellow pilots.

Fraternally,

Capt. Mark Segaloff, Temporary MEC Chairman
First Officer Carla Widman, Temporary MEC Vice-Chairman
Capt. Timothy Newkirk, Temporary MEC Secretary/Treasurer

Re: Press Conference 4:00 EST

Made it stick and Closed in order to keep the discussion in the current thread.

A Little Update

The support from ALPA has been UNREAL. I could never have imagined what they have done for the pilots at Colgan as well as the accident investigation, they had more experts in the NTSB hearing than any other agencies.

Cruise, is taking a very large role in the investigation, thankfully we have someone like that who can step up to the plate.

Pray for the victims families, the pilots, and the Colgan Air Family.

Re: A Little Update

The support from ALPA has been UNREAL. I could never have imagined what they have done for the pilots at Colgan as well as the accident investigation, they had more experts in the NTSB hearing than any other agencies.

Cruise, is taking a very large role in the investigation, thankfully we have someone like that who can step up to the plate.

I'm glad you guys are getting that kind of support. It's nice to see everyone pulling together.

Funny I text you about this, almost at the same time that you posted this.

I agree. I cant imagine what it would have been like without ALPA. In IAD we had a FedEx pilots and another FO from an ALPA carrier as well as an ALPA paid-for professional. They all stuck around all day long yesterday, and will be back today.

On the van ride to the airport from my TDY base I spoke with an ASA crew who informed me that their Go team was on the way to Buffalo, and then I spoke with a Mesaba crew on the way to the airport today and they also were pretty respectful and Im sure also sent people to help out.

As a recent former EWR-based Colganite, I was deeply saddened and shocked to hear the news yesterday. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.

If anyone is in Buffalo and would like to meet up for a beer and have someone to talk to...hit me up.

Seggy

Is there any way that we can donate funds to the families of the crew? Will Colgan or Colgan-ALPA be setting up any funds efforts?

I know it is early, but, now is the time to do it while it is fresh in our minds....

Mark and Matt...please know that all of us at Colgan are so proud of you two and happy that you are in BUF doing the tireless work you're doing. Not sure if you know this or not, but there are CIRP folks in the crewroom and we also have some counselors from an outside agency who've been very helpful to any crewmembers who need to talk to someone.
Thank you both again and please know we really appreciate the hard work you're doing. You two take care of yourselves....

If anyone is in Buffalo and would like to meet up for a beer and have someone to talk to...hit me up.

same here, if any of you guys/gals needs a home-cooked meal and some time away let me know. the wife and I would be honored to have you. seriously, please let us know. we also have home-brewed beer.

Mark&Maria

On the van ride to the airport from my TDY base I spoke with an ASA crew who informed me that their Go team was on the way to Buffalo, and then I spoke with a Mesaba crew on the way to the airport today and they also were pretty respectful and Im sure also sent people to help out.

One profession, one union, one goal. Safety.

We're all in this boat together.

One profession, one union, one goal. Safety.

We're all in this boat together.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

I'm glad that you guys are getting all this outpouring of support through these horrible times.

I remember that Seggy and I, along with the other organizers, told countless CJC pilots that ALPA's resources would be invaluable if some sort of accident ever happened. Of course, we hoped that it never would, but you have to be prepared. Thank God the Colgan pilots brought in the help right before they really needed it.

Seggy, the pilots of CJC are lucky to have guys like you and Matt working for them at a time like this.

I remember that Seggy and I, along with the other organizers, told countless CJC pilots that ALPA's resources would be invaluable if some sort of accident ever happened. Of course, we hoped that it never would, but you have to be prepared. Thank God the Colgan pilots brought in the help right before they really needed it.

Seggy, the pilots of CJC are lucky to have guys like you and Matt working for them at a time like this.

:yeahthat: Amen, PCL, amen......

This has been a very hard few days for all within the aviation community, but especially for all of those at Colgan. I can't begin to explain how gut wrenching of a feeling I had, Thursday night, as I was watching TV, and it was interrupted with a breaking news update, regarding Colgan 3407. I tear up now, thinking about it. My thoughts immediately turned to Seggy, Cruise, Snuggles, Qgar, and the many other Colganites here. I was relieved to find that everyone from JetCareers was alright, but I hurt to know that you guys are truly feeling a lot of pain right now. I may not be an airline pilot, but as a member of JetCareers, an airline employee, and a member of the aviation community, I think we all feel some connection to this. As I was driving to the airport, for work, Friday, where I would work behind a counter, with, "Continental Express", behind it, and thinking about all of the Colganites, and the friends, and family of those lost, I couldn't hep but begin fighting back tears. Many of you have been feeling some very strong emotions, and that is perfectly normal. As I was driving, this song came on the radio, and I found it very fitting - I've been listening to it for the past couple of days, and it has truly helped me cope with the emotions that I've been feeling. Music, in and of itself, can be great therapy, to help with the emotions that one goes through, during this life. I leave you with this song, and hope that some of you can find some comfort, and peace in it, as I have.​

[yt]bxdCCHlA0i4[/yt]</EMBED>​

Even though I'm not an airline pilot, I can't help but to feel some of the pain from this horrible tragedy. I'm praying for you guys over at Colgan, as well as the victim's families and friends. I hope that the accident investigation goes well and that safety will be improved because of it. God bless!

Agreed. It is good to know that in a time and circumstance when no aviator should ever stand alone, the collective numbers of so many of us in the profession have risen to the occasion to aid our fallen brothers and sisters.

I am glad to see all the support the pilot group is receiving both from the aviation community, ALPA and JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back