Preserve at Legacy Park apts in Lawrencecville GA

vladi34

Got my housing confirmation e-mail today. I will be staying at the Preserve at Legacy Park apartments in Lawrenceville GA, looked them up on line, they look decent. After reading some reviews I got a little concerned, seems like security is a little bit of an issue there, with cars being vandalized and such :bandit:. Anyone on here live there? If so I would love to hear your opinion, also to see who my potential roomies would be.

I hate to be the one to tell you but there are not many good places in Lawrenceville. Get over it.

Oh, come on, Lawrenceville isn't that bad, and it's a lot better than the area around FTY.

Of course, it will be quite a culture shock from Des Moines :)

The area around LZU is 100x better then the area around FTY.

Funny story, when I went to visit FTY location last march, my wife and I went to a DQ for lunch right after we toured the facility, there I got propositioned by a male prostitute when I pointed to my wife and told him that I was taken he said that she could come too for and extra $20... :laff: This kid was chased out by the restaraunt owner and during his manty apoligies he told me that they come from the truck stop just acrosst the parking lot...
Oh and on a side note I used to live in Detroit MI and then before that Moscow Russia, so Lawerenceville anit got nothing on that! I'm sure I'll be fine as far as my car goes I guess I'm just glad that I'm bringing a beater with me as opposed to as one of our main cars.

When you get to town send me a PM. I live about 4 miles from the airport. There is a taco mac right by you.

Guys, I work for ATP and I’m helping to get the facility up and running. I’m not here to promote ATP but do want to promote the area because it has a lot to offer and I’ve enjoyed my time there.

The entire area around the apartments is actually brand new. The apartments are upscale with a nice workout center, pool table and bar. The apartments are also secured by gates. I’ve stayed at a Country Inn & Suites across the street at least 20 nights this year and I’ve had no problems.

There are several restaurants within one mile of the apartments. Longhorn Steakhouse, Locos (try the southern burger with BBQ sauce cooked into middle of the burger and smothered in cheese) Moes, Chipolte Mexican Grill, an authentic Japanese place and Mellow Mushroom Pizza (awesome pizza and good selection of beer on tap). There is also a Starbucks drive through conveniently located on the way to the airport, just before getting on 316.

If you want to drive 10 minutes, go to The Mall of Georgia. They have PF Changs, Mimis, Macaroni Grill, etc…There is supposed to be a great Italian Restaurant in downtown Lawrenceville but I haven’t checked it out yet.

There is also a Publix and AMC movie theater right across the street from your apartments.

For you golfers, there are a couple of nice public courses close to the airport. I usually hit the range at the Trophy Club of Apalachee after work. TPC Sugarloaf is right down the street too, but you’ll need to know someone to get on. You guys won’t have time for golf anyway but if you get the drift, you’re in a pretty nice part of town.

Lawrenceville has been my home away from home, I think you guys will like the area.

Where on the field is the new location? I was at the airport today and didn't see any ATP planes.

738 Briscoe Blvd. It's on the south side of the field past the control tower and right next door to Gwinnett Co police. We have more aircraft moving in this week and signs will be up shortly.

Cool, good luck LZU needed a real flight school. You guys need to get you name on the big sign off 316.

Oh so your saying the Flight School of Gwinnett at LZU is not a real one??:sarcasm:
Thats were I am doing my commercial and its horrible there, they have many problems with there 141 program.

And TJohnson the Italian restaurant in Lawrenceville is called Dominic's and its the best Italian around, nice and authentic. Its in the heart of the city of Lawrenceville.

Biba's is alright I actually had it last night, the one off 124 and gravel springs in Dacula.
Where do you fly out of LZU?

Back