Premier down in Ga.

Baronpilot244

Killick Stoker
Beech Premier down with two aboard - crashed very soon after takeoff. Flightaware shows a N50PM departing FTY at 7.22pm, last radar hit at 7.24pm climbing at 4,260fpm and a ground speed of 143kts....

Channel 11 was carrying the story - just saw it on the news.

RIP to the fallen...

Bp244

Beech Premier down with two aboard - crashed very soon after takeoff. Flightaware shows a N50PM departing FTY at 7.22pm, last radar hit at 7.24pm climbing at 4,260fpm and a ground speed of 143kts....

Channel 11 was carrying the story - just saw it on the news.

RIP to the fallen...

Bp244

Isn't Roush from GA?

Wow. This one is almost as bizarre as the Citation in Kansas a couple months back. Gets to 4K, then lawndarts??
Horrible.
RIP.

Got a call about this bird tonight from a competing FBO asking if they had landed at our airport instead. Scary. RIP to the lost.

Downing in a residential area, luckily there weren't any more casualties or further property damage, as witnesses are reporting the pilot deliberately banked and used evasive maneuvers to avoid houses. Condolences to the families of those lost.

This is a bit spooky. LiveATC.net. Listen to the KFTY archives for 0000-0030Z 18DEC13. Around 0019, N50PM gets his TO clearance. He launches. Several minutes later, he reports an issue and a need to RTB. He then has several more exchanges with the TWR, receiving a downwind and a landing clearance. Around 0029, TWR starts calling him with no response.

They must have edited the archive sound bite. Only plays from 0000z-0010z. Still crazy. I live about 8 miles from the airport there. Kudos to the pilot in doing what he could to minimize the loss of life on the ground. RIP.

They must have edited the archive sound bite. Only plays from 0000z-0010z. Still crazy. I live about 8 miles from the airport there. Kudos to the pilot in doing what he could to minimize the loss of life on the ground. RIP.

I downloaded the sound file last night, but am unable to upload it to JC. :(

This one is getting more interesting. The guy crashed before due to poor preflight/ fuel exhaustion. I know... I shouldn't speculatate (yes, made up word), but... Listening to the KFTY tape, it kinda sounds like this might have been a repeat. Also, it now emerges that he had onboard what may turn out to be one of those 24/7 "personal assistant/copilots" recently noted in JC threads elsewhere.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/brother-of-pilot-killed-tuesday-died-in-1972-plane/ncPwb/

Yep - he put a King Air 200 in a field, ran it out of gas (I heard from a source with first hand knowledge, he wondered why he had a double generator failure).

From what I was told yesterday by a friend who has an inside track on this thing, it looks like this is a "Dr in a Bonanza" type situation.....

Bp244

"I got good news and bad news."

"Hmmm. What's the good news?"

"Were not going to burn."

Back