PPL Oral Exam Tips??

AA

Hey guys, any help, or tips, out there?? I take my oral and checkride in about two weeks. And I am pretty nervous, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Did you take a look through the Checkride Central forum? May be something in there to help you out.
Good luck.

I had mine this past weekend (see Checkride Central for details). I'd say don't sweat it - know the Oral Exam guide but also know that you have all of your resources right there in front of you if you don't know something. Be sure to have the POH, FAR/AIM, Airplane Flying Handbook, etc. available and bookmarked with those sticky flags in case you need them. Also - be sure to get the scoop from others who have been examined by your DE recently!

Get an Oral Exam Guide, and now it inside out and back to front, get mates, parents, girlfriends (in Gay Pilot case boyfriends) to quiz you on them.

And then just try and relax, you will do lots of paperwork first, in that time try and become friends with your DE, then the rest of it feels like flying with a friend!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the oral prep books by June Bonesteel that NO ONE seems to have heard of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have all the Bonesteel books, expect for my instrument one that a student "borrowed" and never returned. However, I think they are overkill for a private student. Study from the ASA Oral Exam guide and the PTS.

Ya I have been studying the ASA book, thanks guys for the help. I will report how I do!

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else noticed that the author of the ASA OEG books thanks himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA That is funny!!!

I just took the PTS and went through it. Go through everything... That is what the oral is all over and if you have a good understanding of everything in the PTS I don't think you can bomb it.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, any help, or tips, out there?? I take my oral and checkride in about two weeks. And I am pretty nervous, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Checkout the checkride forum on the website here, a lot of help there

Back